Purchases not reporting on Ads Manager

christy123
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I noticed at the beginning of January that my sales (which I am positive are coming from the ads, because we are fairly new and unknown) are not being reported on Ads Manager. My sales are however being reported in Events Manager. Does anyone know why this could be? 

Second question... please see the screenshot below. Purchases is 19 and this is the total number of sales I have had in the time frame (FB ads + friends, word of mouth etc). Is this right? Or should this only be counting the number of sales I am receiving from FB ads? I guess what I am trying to say is, does the pixel record my total sales or solely sales from FB ads? 

christy123_0-1612724717096.png

Thanks in advance! 

Replies 11 (11)

ekuplu
Shopify Partner
47 0 17

To be able to help you further; kindly answer the following: 

• Are you using Google Tag Manager? 
  • How are you passing the data to Google Ads? 
  • Are you using Google Analytics (Universal or GA4) 
  • If yes - how does Google Analytics show the sales? Does it seem like contributed to the correct channel there. 
Complete Tutorial: Setup GA4 on Shopify including E-comm Reports

Data Analytics & Marketing Focused Content Platform for Shopify Merchants: Analyzify Hub

Check out our free Shopify - Google Tag Manager Course on Youtube
christy123
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Ekuplu, thanks for your reply. I had started setting up Google Analytics but didn’t finish it and so it only shows the number of views my website has, no sales info. 

ekuplu
Shopify Partner
47 0 17
You can set up Universal Analytics (UA - old Analytics) using Shopify's
native integration >

And there is also new Analytics (GA4), I am explaining in this video how
you can set that up and also see the sales/orders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0kUtXVi0cE&t=1080s&ab_channel=Analyzify-PowerfulShopifyAnalytics

My recommendation for you is:
- Watch my video (I explain there how you can make a GA4 account and also
connected UA account.)
- Add Universal Analytics through your Shopify store's integration
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/reports-and-analytics/google-analytics/google-analytics-setup

- Add GA4 following the video and our free tool.

In this way; you'll have sales & visitors the data both in GA4 and UA. Let
me know how that works out for you.
Complete Tutorial: Setup GA4 on Shopify including E-comm Reports

Data Analytics & Marketing Focused Content Platform for Shopify Merchants: Analyzify Hub

Check out our free Shopify - Google Tag Manager Course on Youtube

Lilwyted
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey did you receive any answer that solved the problem. I'm in the situation right now and don't know what to do.

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hi christy123,

In Events Manager from Pixel, you see all of the purchases made on your website (so they might not be coming from your Facebook Ads).

You should see the purchases attributed to your ads in the Ads Manager (if there are 0 purchases, there might be a problem with the settings or the purchases came from different source). If you can, please, provide me with the screenshot from the Ads Manager. 

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.
Lilwyted
Visitor
3 0 0

mj.PNGk.PNG

Propelguru
Trailblazer
313 7 44

Few reasons why Facebook purchases not reporting on Ads Manager

• The Base Pixel Isn’t Installed Properly
  • Pixel Events and Custom Conversions set up incorrectly
  • You Are Tracking All Conversions
  • Understand Facebook’s Attribution Window
  • Facebook does not report organic conversions in Ads Manager.
Lilwyted
Visitor
3 0 0

Is it any way I can get in contact with someone that can guide through the process of fixing the problem and diagnostics with deduplication. Willing to do negotiation trying to get a full understanding with the pixel setu

Zilwis777
4 0 0

Hello, did you managed to solve your issue? My FB Ads Manager stopped reporting purchases. I am sure that my clients arrives thru FB Ad, however website purchases are not logged in Ads Manager.

Konstantin_Sl
Visitor
2 0 0

Were you able to solve the problem? I have the same! Facebook doesn't record conversions

nikhilpro
Excursionist
33 3 2

First of all to answer your question: Does the pixel record my total sales or solely sales from FB ads? 

The answer is; The Ad Manager counts the purchases from the ads but the Events Manager counts the purchases from everywhere. It just tracks how many times the pixel was triggered. 

Now moving on, the sales in the events manager can be more because the data is raw and it includes events from Google and other sources as well and Facebook then processes the data and tags it with your campaign or the ads you are running.

That is why you will see that the data you have on events manager is more than what you see on Facebook Ads.

You should be counting the sales from Facebook Ads because Facebook won’t be counting the sales from the word of mouth in Facebook Ads as they did not come from Facebook Ads but they will show in the Events Manager. 

Also you should add Conversions API if not done already. 

I hope that it makes sense. 🙂

I am Nikhil Sharma (nikhil.pro). I assist small businesses in boosting their revenue through Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and Email Automation. Over 1,000,000 generated for 100+ businesses.