Random $99 Facebook Purchases

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Is anybody else seeing random $99 purchases being counted within their Facebook Ads dashboard? I never saw this issue until the beginning of this month and still cannot figure out where the issue lies. Could be a pixel issue and I've spoken to others who have the same issue with their Shopify store. My pixel is getting a whacky purchase conversion value that does not match up with my actual store revenue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

I have fake purchase events with a $99 product which I don't even have on my store. Also, when viewing the purchase event on the pixel, it shows that the URL of the event is just a product page. I compared a real purchase event and the URL should be a checkout page URL. Also, this $99 purchase events does not reflect on my Shopify store, yet something triggers the purchase event randomly on my product pages. 

Do you think someone is maliciously injecting javascri

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue.  Did you figure it out?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Go to the Events Manager, click on the Purchase event, and export the CSV data. That will tell you where and when the $99 purchases are being triggered.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

That didn't help. ^ 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, someone was maliciously doing this. Spoke to FB about it and it stopped happening the next day.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, please how did you solve the issue? How/who did you contact at FB ?

0 Likes