Re-targeting Funnel FB - Does this make sense?

Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 6

Hi All,

I launched my first store abut 1 week ago now, and as I'm seeing some traction build up, some reasonable traffic and some ATC's and conversion, I want to get my re-targeting strategy together. I was hoping you can tell me if my plan makes sense, let me know if I'm making any obvious mistakes, and make any other suggestions.

Also, general feedback on the site is welcome here:

http://bit.ly/2yDtiib

OK, so during my prelaunch campaign, I ran Facebook ads to drive people to an email signup page. I used Branding and Traffic optimised ads, and built up an email list of over 1500 people.

I have been running some traffic optimised FB ads since the launch to drive traffic to the site, targetting a 1% look-a-like audience, seeded from my email list. This has been driving some reasonable quality traffic to the site, as I've been getting the occassional sale.

For retargetting, I have just started a FB ad optimised for Add To Cart, that is targetted at recent visotors of my store. The text of the ad is promoting that I offer Free Fast shipping to the UK.

Both of these ad sets are primarily driving traffic to the home page, as I don't have much information about which products are most popular yet. I have put a couple of ads in the ATC set that are landing on a product page, for a product that has already had a few sales.

The plan is, to optimise and vary the individual ads within the two ad sets mentioned to get low cost traffic and ATC's, and then once I have a few hundred ATC's, target those people with an ad optimised for Purchase Conversion. I'm not sure what the theme of these ads would be, perhaps more info promoting the Fast Free shipping, or sending people to my About page, or possible even a limited time discount code? Any suggestions.

Eventually, once I start seeing what products are proving to be popular, I want to start setting up product specific funnels in a similar way to the general one above, but I'm planning on waiting until I have the data to choose which products to do this for.

This is my first attempt an ecommerce store, and with online ads. I'd really appreciate some feedback on my plan, and some advise from anyone who has more experience with how this works, and if there is a better way to setup a general (not product specific) re-targeting funnel.

Thanks for your time and help.

Regards,

-Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
28 0 2

Email & Facebook/Ad marketing can be tricky if you don't niche down your customer segments. You can easily burn your pockets if the ads are not targeting your customer audience. If you already have customer emails (or) leads, knowing their interests and targeting them via emails or targeting similar audience based on these interests would help to improve retention. This app https://apps.shopify.com/customer-insights can help you find your customer interests based on their email. Once you know your customer interests then you can segment them appropriately on Email & Ad campaigns.

https://apps.shopify.com/customer-insights
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 6

Thanks Nolan,

That's interesting to know, but I am really looking for comments on my proposaed retargeting strategy. I think the niche that I have seected initially is reasonable, as I am getting a few add to carts every day and a few sales from cold traffic.

What I want to understand better is how to then successfully retarget to bring back previous visiotors of the site and people who ATC in order to get them to convert as well.

Regards,

-Steve

0 Likes