Resend abandoned cart eMail

Highlighted
Tourist
44 0 1

I have a new store and tried the Abandoned Cart eMail yesterday. Unfortunately, that eMail failed but I believe that was down to the .spf record missing in my DNS configuration. I have fixed that now (I hope) so want to resent the eMail to the person who abandoned the cart. I can't see a way to do this though, Shopify just reports that it was sent and is obviously unware that it failed.

A "Resend" option would be nice. Absent that, is there any way to get this resent?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
166 0 32

Hi Mark,

Phil from the Shopify Support team here. 

That's a great suggestion about adding the resend button. I see how it could add value for emails that you know have definintely failed. I don't think it's currently integrated because that would open the door to a lot of spam and people constantly resending the abandoned cart emails. But something worth bringing up to our feature request team for emails that might have failed to prevent spam. 

I sent you an email to the one we have on file for your Shopify store so we can further investigate wether or not the the email went through. Just respond to me there and we can get the ball rolling on this!

Talk soon!

Phil K
Customer Success Guru

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 3

Hi,

We have just a launched a new feature at Thank you video app that allows you to setup an abandoned cart email that includes a personal video message. 

This email will be send in case a checkout is left open for 3 hours or more, and is design to send one email per customer checkout. So even if a customer creates multiple checkouts with the same email only one email is sent (with the most recent order). 

Check it out at https://apps.shopify.com/thank-you-video.

The silver plan is now free for limited time. 

Thanks

Tal

Product Manager and developer
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

I agree there should definitely be a "re-send" button.

It's all well and good to want to prevent spam shopify, but wouldn't it be better to tell the store owners first that we need to add a TXT SPF record where our domain is hosted so that the mail does not get marked as spam in the first place?!

I now have (and i bet i am not the only one) who has hundreds of abandoned cart emails that went to junk. This is potential income!

It should be made very clear at the beginning process to add the TXT record in your domain settings or put a re-send button. Simple.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello.
It's been four years since the original suggestion. Is there any progress on it?

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 2

True @MichaelB2222!

However, I think merchants can take the initiative and install available plugins for SMS automation. That way, shoppers get text message reminders for abandoned cart and can be easily converted. 

Not everyone checks their emails frequently you know. Plus, the issue of spam filters.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 2

@BlueRiverCrossi I'm not sure if this correction has been made but regardless, I'd advice you integrate an SMS automation tool into your store. It has a higher conversion rate than sending email reminders.

0 Likes