SEO Advice Products

PJ_Robertson
2 0 0

Hey there, 

I have two questions for any generous SEO gurus out there. The site in question is www.ciovita.com. 

1) The first question is about product descriptors. The company is a cycling apparel brand. The most common items are jerseys. I have written descriptors for the jerseys, but they are often very similar, they use the same fabrics etc. I ran a check on a site called siteliner.com and i got a result of 21% duplicate content. What I am asking is whether this will hurt my search engine results? 

2) I also see things like sizes (xl, xxl etc.) and fits (race fit, club fit, sport fit) are dominating my keywords and H1 header tags, i obviously don't want these to be the most searched terms, but they represent important information for cyclists. How can i structure this to work better for SERP and what effects this (url or page title or SEO title)

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

1) Your H1 tags are very important, and it's critical that you don't have multiple H1 tags on a page, especially your home page. Currently yours are: 

JACKET/GILET • CYCLING APPAREL • JACKET/GILET • JACKET/GILET • Jerseys • Race Fit • Sport Fit • • Club Fit • Bibs and Shorts

This is a problem in your theme that needs to be changed in your HTML/CSS. Some of the image blocks on your homepage have big bold text over them, and those are actually all H1 tags. You may be able to change direclty in your theme settings. If you're using Firefox or Chrome, right click and go into the Developer Tool. Search the elements for "H1" and you'll notice all the H1 tags pop up.

The ScreamingFrog SEO Spider indicates you have 60 pages with multiple H1 tags.

Make sure your product descriptions are as natural as possible. Describe the product you're selling with long tail keywords, rather than make variations of "this is a cozy cotton shirt" for example. 

2) These are your H1 tags being crawled by Google in correct densities:

Aero Mesh Men's Race Fit Mk II
Jerseys
Aero Mesh Men's Race Fit Mk II
Jerseys
Contact Us
Jerseys
Jerseys
Cammino Men's Club Fit
Jerseys
Cucheron Men's Race Fit
JACKET/GILET
Jerseys
Classico Men's Sport Fit
Jerseys
Jerseys
Cammino Men's Club Fit
Elevare Men's Sport Fit
For Riders by Riders
Custom Kit Showcase
Jerseys
Jerseys
Jerseys
Jerseys
Jerseys
Jerseys
Rapido Men's Sport Fit
Jerseys
Jerseys
Jerseys
Rapido Men's Sport Fit
Search
Jerseys
Stradali Men's Race Fit
Energia Men's Sport Fit
Ciovita Industry Purchase Program
Colpire Men's Race Fit
UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS
Colpire Men's Race Fit
Energia Men's Sport Fit
Jerseys
Stradali Men's Race Fit
Lookbook
Jerseys
Jerseys
Classico Men's Sport Fit
Jerseys
Jerseys
Classico Men's Race Fit
Elevare Men's Sport Fit
Classico Men's Race Fit
Aero Mesh Men's Race Fit Cycling Jersey
Jerseys
Cucheron Men's Race Fit
Aero Mesh Men's Race Fit Cycling Jersey
Velocita Men's Race Fit (Green)

Overall, Google is pretty smart nowadays and knows what your website is about. Common ecommerce phrases such as "XL," "Add to cart," or "Checkout" for example, don't have any effect on your rankings for keyword specific search phrases. Just make sure you keep multiple H1 tags down and that your on site SEO is in best practice as possible, and you'll be okay.

We're a Shopify Partner, consultant, and developer. We've been in the ecommerce business since 2007! Visit https://nwconversionteam.com to see how we can help you business grow.
0 Likes