SEO Issues, not appearing on Google

Tourist
6 0 2

Hello,

I'm hoping someone will have a suggestion for me.  My website is www.gadgets4phones.com and I've had very few sales (16 total) since I started it in January.  All of my traffic seems to be coming from Facebook and Pinterest.  From what I can tell, I'm not appearing on Google at all (and that was my main goal).  I went the route of hiring someone on Fiverr in February who sold me a package that was supposed to, in 30 days, elevate my page ranking through the creation of backlinks (120 created) and through social promotion (2000 high PR10-PR9 social signals).  Even after this, I'm not seeing any improvement.  She's telling me that there are issues with the header tags (they need to match my keywords and they don't) and there is a problem with an image on the homepage causing a 404 error (not sure if I've explained that correctly).  I'm using the Pop Theme and have no idea of how to correct these issues.

I've run my site through several tools to see what they feel are the problems.  SEO Optimizer scores my site as a B- and their main suggestions are to execute a link building strategy (thought I did), execute a social strategy (thought I did), and make sure all images have alt attributes (easy enough).  I get a feeling that the keywords are a definite issue from what I've read here - it says they are cases, search, phone, cell, and products.  That's not right for sure - I was trying for cell phone accessories, mobile phone accessories, smartphone accessories, iPhone accessories, Samsung accessories, cell phone case, mobile phone case, smartphone case, iPhone case, and Samsung case.  

I've also run my site through Nibbler and am getting a score of 7.9 out of 10 there.  It feels my top priorities are resolving validation errors that prevent the site from being fully W3C compliant, encouraging the sharing of content, and engaging more with the social audience.  Oddly enough, Nibbler scores my site a 10 out of 10 for incoming links (387 pages link to my site and 64 domains link to it).  From looking through their report, I think there are issues with the heading tags, but I have no clue of how to fix them (and neither did the Shopify people that I've spoken with).

Can anyone suggest what I need to do?  I know very little about HTML and would love to get these issues resolved.  Thanks!

Cindy

1 Like
Shopify Partner
118 0 10

Hey guys if you are looking for more free information on digital marketing checkout my facebook page www.Facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau I have done a few million on online sales over the last few years and don't charge anything for my content. I got fed up with all of these coaches scamming you guys for $5000 for a program that "makes you money" so I decided I will post all of my knowledge for free for you guys! My back ends are all on shopify and I show all of my numbers! Hopefully this helps!

You guys are buying programs from people who haven't done anything. They don't show you thier numbers or anything all they do is rent a lambo and air bnb a house... Check out my page im just starting it up and will be posting daily if all goes well! www.facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau 

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 0 5

Out of curiousity used SEMrush.com to look at your backlinks, and the quality/relevance is very poor.  My advice would be to stop buying links, verify your site with Google Search Console, and see what Google is showing for "links to your site".  Also check "manual actions" to make sure you don't already have a penalty for link spam.  If you do have a penalty, you'll need to disavow all the links that you bought and explain to Google that you're no longer buying links.

Just noticed also that most of the links are "nofollow" so probably not impacting rankings at all (not helping eaither).

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the tips... I was suspicious that the backlinks weren't helping.  My site has been verified by Google Search Console... it says there are 126 links to it.  Some are ones I've created (like Pinterest) and others are the purchased links.  Under manual webspam, there are no actions found.  I think I need to figure out how to create my own backlinks for sure!  Thanks again... I appreciate the help!

Cindy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 5

No problem!  Yes, unfortunately there aren't any reliable shortcuts anymore. I've been an SEO since Google was launched, and you can't beat good old hard work.  Fortunately, I've found that just a handful of good, legit links does more than 1000's of old spam links, so it does pay off.

0 Likes
Excursionist
84 0 7

Have you uploaded your sitemap to Google via the Google WebMaster site?

On another note - I looked at your site and noticed you have no contact info, in my experience contact info is a major plus to encourage shoppers to buy. Also think about changing your shop colours, Im colour blind and it's terrible to look at.

And link your different case types to the photos, buyers like to see the case they want to order before clicking the buy button

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

There's no quick success button or program you can buy. 

You need great, unique, honest content, and a lot of hard work. 

Don't waste your money on ads, don't waste your on backlink services, instead build relationships with the people in your industry, start conversations, and create awesome content. This will lead you to success and more sales. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Cindy, go to google.com and type this into the search bar: site:gadgets4phones.com this will bring up all the pages that Google has indexed for your website. Now look at the titles that are showing - do these convey what you want them to say? You may also want to vary the way you say it "mobile phone cases" vs "cell phone cases" - just to see if that brings in more traffic. 

Of course, it's to Google's benefit to force you to pay for exposure - you can try Google Shopping. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

These places that sell links are a complete waiste of money now days.  Non relivant backlinks are useless, and can and will actually lower your google page rank.  Google considers them spam. They are nothing but links to sites that paid for links to them.

Your backlinks need to be from like kind of sites, or forums with your sites topic, something along those lines.  The best links are from articles.  Instead of spending money on someone to give you junk... spend an afternoon or evening each week, and write a blog page about your store items.  Link to products from the article, that kind of stuff.  In time, you will see your site move up on google.

As for not knowing how to fix a missing image... hire someone to fix your site.  Simple things like that can be done by high school or collage kids with a bit of designing knowledge, at a very reasonable cost.  As a website owner though, you should take the time to at least learn the basics.  Just in case.

Good luck with your store.

0 Likes