SEO & Marketing Help and Advice Needed

Highlighted
18 0 0

Afternoon all,

We run a wedding accessories and jewellery website www.brideboutique.co.uk and we switiched to Shopify about 10 months ago and we love it. It's easy to use for novices like us and we love the app based based system as there seems to be an app to solve almost everything. 

Our main issue is with SEO. So we want to come up organically in the searches as well as paid advertising but for the most part I can't even find us a lot of time so its like we not even ranked.

Popular google searches for our industry would be wedding hair accessories, bridal jewellery, wedding hair pins, wedding hair combs etc and when we try these in google we are non exisitant.

Is there any major problems with our site that we have missed?

We ran a few basic checks and discovered that our sitemap had not been submitted so we have just done this today but not sure if this would greatly affect our SEO?

We use apps like Alt Text for images and image reszier to compress images to maximise user experince too, although our page speed isn't too great. and not sure what else we could do to improve on this.

One big issues for us is link builiding which we still need to work on. We get some traffic from facebook, instagram etc but don't have many other websites / wedding bloggers linking back to our site.

For advertising we ran a couple of adwords express ads, just a simple add like Wedding Hair Accessories which was ok and generating about 50 hits a day. Last month signed up with a company who have been managing our google adwords and shopping capmaigins with suppsoedly better targeted adds and so far it is a disater. Adds have only been running for 2 weeks and traffic is 50% down on the single basic ad which I did myself.

Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks In Advance

Phil & Michelle x

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
28 0 2

Hey Phil and Michelle!

It sounds like you've got a great start -- and your site looks awesome!

I have some resources for you to check out to kickstart your SEO. :)

Building good SEO takes time. I know you've been on the go for 10 months, but I think the biggest challenge you're going to be tackling is the market you are in is quite saturated, so you're going to need to find ways to stand out to get ranked higher, too. 

Here are some great guides you can check out: 

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
53 0 3

Read any website that says top 10 must need features for a ecommerce site will tell you this: Collect reviews from your customers.

Use your customer words to help you sell more (:

There's Shopify's Product Reviews app:

https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews

and there's the add-on

https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews-addon

Search Engines will also index the reviews of your customer's reviews (:

good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
162 0 5

Hi Phil & Michelle,

I agree with all the advice provided.  :-) I also wanted to add that if interested in extra help there are a number of different Shopify Experts that can be hired for SEO and marketing purposes.   I grabbed their link here but of course I encourage you both do what works best for you.  

I hope you both have an excellent day,

Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi Phil and Michelle,

Your site looks great! Capturing page-one unpaid search results can be difficult. You are competing with some very large retailers like Nordstrom and marketplaces like Etsy. Maintaining a steady flow of blog articles focused on each of your key products will help. Make sure to post on Facebook and particularly Google+ as Google naturally favors their own.

You can also compete with ecommerce giants in organic search on a local level, even in a great many local markets. Search engines strongly favor local results that match the IP location of searchers. There are directory marketing platforms available that can use their authority to customize safe local links that will appear within top organic results in many local markets you target.

I would also suggest finding marketplaces that might focus on bridal or wedding products or even just unique stores. This can create new sales as well as relevant linkbacks.

Buff

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi Phil and Michelle,

Your site looks great! Capturing page-one unpaid search results can be difficult. You are competing with some very large retailers like Nordstrom and marketplaces like Etsy. Maintaining a steady flow of blog articles focused on each of your key products will help. Make sure to post on Facebook and particularly Google+ as Google naturally favors their own.

You can also compete with ecommerce giants in organic search on a local level, even in a great many local markets. Search engines strongly favor local results that match the IP location of searchers. There are directory marketing platforms available that can use their authority to customize safe local links that will appear within top organic results in many local markets you target.

I would also suggest finding marketplaces that might focus on bridal or wedding products or even just unique stores. This can create new sales as well as relevant linkbacks.

Buff

0 Likes