SEO - Meta Keywords - How do i view them?

31 0 0

Hey Guys/Gals,

Just added the below code to my Theme.Liquid HTML following some forums responses on Meta Keywords and was wondering how I can view what the keywords being pulled through are?

Essentially I want to be able to make sure the right words are being used without the need to key different key words everytime. This code seems pretty dynamic so im hoping it's working but I want to know what it's putting in as keywords for my peace of mind. Thanks in advance!

{% case template %}
    {% when 'collection' %}
        <meta name="keywords" content="ROAMONKEY,{{collection.title}}{% if collection.tags.size > 0 %}: {{ collection.tags | join: ', ' }}{% endif %}" />
    {% when 'product' %}
        <meta name="keywords" content="ROAMONKEY,{{product.title}}{% if product.tags.size > 0 %}: {{ product.tags | join: ', ' }}{% endif %}" />
    {% when 'page' %}
        <meta name="keywords" content="ROAMONKEY,{{page_title}}" />
    {% when 'blog' %}
        <meta name="keywords" content="ROAMONKEY,{{page_title}}" />
    {% else %}
        <meta name="keywords" content="ROAMONKEY,{% for link in linklists.Main-Menu.links %}{% if link.type == 'collection_link' %}{{link.title}} {% endif %}{% endfor %}" />
{% endcase %} 

ROAMONKEY.COM 

Shopify Noob - Check out roamonkey.com
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9965 84 1468

Why do you need to use meta keywords?

You might have a specific need, but literal keyword value should come from your content. Most modern search engines ignore meta keywords as it doesn't give a true sense of content (so can be faked). Truth is content is important.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
31 0 0

Thanks Jason, 

if im honest I had planned to use them following some resource I had done on improving my SEO - I'm new to all of this so if I don't need meta keywords then I'll drop them from my plan. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
104 0 13

Gonna chip in my 2 cents here. 

I've been experimenting with meta keywords for about 6 months now with my client's sites. I've seen some great movement. I have no idea why people are still referring to something that was talked about in 2009 with google ignoring meta keywords. 

Ocean One SEO - Transforming Businesses - 1 to 1 Online Consulting Services Available. Check out the website for details.
1 Like
31 0 0

@Alasdair - so i should use Meta Keywords?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
104 0 13

Yeah why not, what do have to lose? don't spam it, be thoughtful. Use LSI's and related keywords that the page could be about. 

Ocean One SEO - Transforming Businesses - 1 to 1 Online Consulting Services Available. Check out the website for details.
0 Likes
31 0 0

@Alasdair i was thinking of keeping the above code in so depending on what the page was i.e. product or collection it would pull through tailored keywords without me having to key different ones for every page 

I.e. collections:

{% when 'collection' %}
        <meta name="keywords" content="ROAMONKEY,{{collection.title}}{% if collection.tags.size > 0 %}: {{ collection.tags | join: ', ' }}{% endif %}" />

and products:

{% when 'product' %}
        <meta name="keywords" content="ROAMONKEY,{{product.title}}{% if product.tags.size > 0 %}: {{ product.tags | join: ', ' }}{% endif %}" />

Would you know how I can view what keywords google or other SEs are picking up? 

Thanks 

Kieran  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
104 0 13

But then all you're doing is pulling through keywords that are already in the title, tags, description etc. 

Kinda defeats the purpose, might as well not bother.

0 Likes

Use SEO Quake Chrome App, It'll help you with building the content based on keywrods targeting more effectively. However just take a note that it's hard day by day to trick Google actually. 2017 is not like 2007 and Google easily recognize some tricks.

I'd build the real content but take into account optimize that content with targeted keywrods. Drive traffic to those content pages and it'll take just a few months your page indexed & ranked in TOP 5 of Google search results. SEO is the long term investment but definitely worth it. Tried myself with the company's projects and now just do a little effort with driving traffic. Nothing more.

PageFly - CRO Solution for your Store. #1 in Page Builder, #15 in All Apps Category - https://apps.shopify.com/pagefly
1 Like
31 0 0

Thanks, Tony -I never knew that existed... just downloaded it and can already see the benefits it's going to bring THANKS!

0 Likes