SEO - descriptive URL slug - bulk edit

cozydeliver
Excursionist
13 1 3

Hi there, 

I'm trying to improve SEO for my shopify store. I'm wondering if re-working on URL for my product page will help improve SEO.

For example, this is one of my product URL: https://cozydeliver.com/collections/tanks/products/pride-sqaure-neck-tanktop?variant=40074768777378

For Gymshark, this is their product URL: https://www.gymshark.com/products/gymshark-jammer-swim-shorts-black 

Their product URL structure is www.gymshark.com/products/[brand]-[product_name]-[product_color]

Anyone knows if there is easy to way mass update all product URL to the above structure?

Comments and insights will be much appreciated. Thanks

puneet_unbundl
Excursionist
34 3 9

Hi,

This is Puneet from unbundl. 

One of the easiest way would be to create new links altogether:

• Export product sheet
  • Create duplicate of sheet
  • Create new handles using concatenate and other rules
  • Upload the new sheet
  • upload old sheet and make them draft

Other method would be strategically use Bulk Editor. 

These might not be easy methods and would require little bit of work.

0 Likes
cozydeliver
Excursionist
13 1 3

@puneet_unbundl thanks for your reply.

That might seem work for historical URL link. However, for prospecting product URL, manually changing one-by-one is time consuming. Especially the color variant also needs to be in the end of URL.

I'm more looking for a rule or code that I can write once and can apply the rule to all product pages..

0 Likes
natashadisante
Shopify Partner
65 0 3

Hi @cozydeliver 

Take a look at Mixtable's Excel-like spreadsheet interface for the bulk editing question. Mixtable is essentially Google Sheets, but with all Excel-style formulas and behavior. And it seamlessly syncs to and from Shopify. To change the URLs of products you'll need to map the Product handle field to a column, and then you can change the handles in bulk just like you would in excel (copy/paste, use a formula, etc). Take a look at how to bulk edit your Shopify store's data.

0 Likes
hori_tran
Shopify Partner
4 0 3

If you posted many of the products, you can try this app SEO Booster - a Shopify SEO app.

It has long URLs features: It scans all your long URLs and allows you to fix them.

hori_tran_0-1626246520751.png

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
0 Likes