SEO - how to change meta titles and descriptions

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello all,

I scanned my site in Screaming Frog SEO Spider and it listed all the necessary changes I need to make to the meta titles and descriptions - but how do I actually do this in Shopify?

I can see the SEO edit boxes in each product/collection page but is there another way of finding them all listed together?

Many thanks in advance for you help.

Keith.

0 Likes
1 0 0

The easiest solution is to install the awesome WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast. Once installed click on SEO > Titles and Meta > Home and edit your home page meta data there.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
48 0 14

Hi Keith, 

What you can do is the following: 

Go to the products/pages/collection/ listing and select all the articles you want to edit the meta descriptions for. Then click on "edit blog/collection posts". That will load up the bulk editor, after that you click in "edit more fields". There you can select meta title and meta description. 

Doing it this way you can write loads in a short amount of time. Good luck!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hey Keith,

For information on how to change Meta Title SEO, you can refer the page http://www.thirtydrums.com/meta-title-seo/. You will find the appropriate information, which would help you optimize your title on your website shopify.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hey Keith,

For information on how to change Meta Title SEO, you can refer the page http://www.thirtydrums.com/meta-title-seo/. You will find the appropriate information, which would help you optimize your title on your website shopify.

0 Likes
1 0 0

first you have create relevent meta title and description and after that you change it from relevent page or url.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
32 0 1

PRIVATE SEO & SOCIAL MARKETING CLASSES AVAILABLE!

NOTIFICATION FOR THOSE INTERESTED ♥

BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY OF YOU THAT "REALLY" HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE DOING ----AND NOW HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SHOP ON SHOPIFY---GREAT PRODUCTS- PICTURES- DESCRIPTIONS- DESIGNS---COOL APPS, ETC..,    (was there myself---more than 15 years ago)

---AND YOU'VE BEEN UP AND RUNNING FOR MAYBE A WEEK TO SIX MONTHS OR MORE--- AND HAVE HAD NO REAL TRAFFIC AND MAYBE ONE SALE--OR WORSE ---NONE?

I OFFER  PRIVATE AND GROUP -SEO-SOCIAL MEDIA-DIGITAL MARKETING-KEYWORDS-RANKING... CLASSES ONLINE.

JUST ENTER YOUR EMAIL AND I WILL SEND A GROUP CLASS SYLLABUS & A PRIVATE TUTORING CLASS SCHEDULE AND SYLLABUS.

FOR PRIVATE TUTORING- I CHARGE $100 FOR AN ENTIRE HOUR VIA SKYPE OR EVERNOTE OR WHATEVER CHAT APP YOU'RE MOST COMFORTABLE WITH- I ALSO SUPPLY REFERENCE MATERIALS AND KEY CLASS NOTES FOR YOUR REFERENCE LATER.

WE COVER A LOT IN A HOUR BECAUSE I STAY ON TASK, THINK AND TYPE QUICKLY ----AND I'VE BEEN STUDYING SEO AND DIGITAL MARKETING SINCE AOL.COM-- WAS THE VERY FIRST SEARCH ENGINE AND WE USED MODEMS TO CONNECT TO THE NET --THROUGH OUR HOME PHONE LINES.

YOU WILL LITERALLY KNOCK 15 YEARS OF KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE BY TAKING A FEW OF THESE COURSES.  

I WILL GIVE YOU ONLY TRUE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION---PROVEN WAYS TO INCREASE TRAFFIC AND SALES- TEACH YOU HOW TO USE RICH SNIPPETS TO PROMOTE YOUR SHOP OVER OTHERS IN YOUR NICHE---AND YOU'LL HAVE ALL OF THE NECESSARY INFORMATION TO BEGIN YOUR BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL EMPIRE ONLINE FOR DECADES TO COME.

I KNOW THE INTERNET.  I KNOW SEO. I KNOW SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING- I KNOW TRAFFIC.

--- AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT I HAVE THE TRAINING AND EXPERTISE TO HELP YOU---SEND ME A QUESTION ---OR YOUR URL ADDRESS here:   LETS TEST HER SKILLS 

(but I only have so much FREE time)  :)

(PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE ART OF ECOMMERCE AND SEO KNOW "HOW" TO MANIPULATE THE SYSTEM GIVE YOU A JUMP START ON GROWING YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS).  

PROVING IT IS ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM)  YOU JUST HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL IN CHOOSING YOUR "WEBMASTER" ---BECAUSE MOST HAVE NO REAL DESIRE TO HELP YOU OR SHARE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS.

OR YOU CAN JUST EMAIL OUR ADMIN TEAM AT:  SEOCLASSONLINE   for info.

A GROUP OF SERIOUS TECHIES WILL GET BACK WITH YOU ASAP to COORDINATE YOUR CLASSES or HELP YOU TO FORM  or JOIN GROUP CLASSES THAT WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF $$.

IF THIS IS YOUR FINANCIAL FUTURE- YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW IT WORKS---EVEN IF YOU DON'T PLAN TO DO ANY OF IT YOURSELF.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE BASICS OF ECOMMERCE SUCCESS---YOU WON'T MAKE IT---AND YOU RUN THE RISK OF PAYING OUT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO "EXPERTS" WHO CLAIM TO KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU---FIX YOUR SYSTEM---RANK YOU HIGHER---BRING YOUR TRAFFIC---SELL YOU LINKS (GOOD OR BAD), ETC...AND YOU WON'T HAVE ANY IDEA "WHAT THE HELL" YOU JUST PAID FOR.

I GET OVER MORE THAN 50 EMAILS A DAY FROM SHOP OWNERS THAT ARECONSTANTLY RIPPED OFF BY TEAMS AND COMPANIES WHO ADVERTISE CREDENTIALS AND HANDS ON EXPERIENCE ---THAT THEY DO NOT ACTUALLY HAVE---  

IF YOU LEARN SEO AND ECOMMERCE NOW---- YOU CAN PROTECT YOURSELF AND SAVE MONEY!

---otherwise you may end up like hundreds of my students---paying thousands to "WEBMASTERS" who may have just run a simple worm/trojan scan---remove them---clear your cache-----and that's about it.  

Those are good system functions and habits----but they won't bring you SALES or SUCCESS and any REPUTABLE COMPUTER GURU would never even CHARGE you for these types of services.

I look FORWARD to TEACHING you the right way---the FAST way---the CLEAR CUTway to digital and ecommerce success.

Lisa Carmichael

North Atlanta,Georgia USA

Happy Sales!!  ♥

Lisa Carmichael Webmaster-Digital Entrepreneur- Instructor RANK FOR MORE THAN 300 KEYWORDS ON GOOGLE PAGE 1-4 IN JUST 23 MONTHS ORGANICALLY-BLOGGER, GOOGLE WEBMASTER TOOLS, PAY PER CLICK CONSULTING, LINKING, WHITE HAT SEO, WEB DESIGN, WP, MAC, BLOGGER, SHOPIFY, WEEBLY, AFFILIATE MARKETING, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER MARKETING, CAMPAIGN MARKETING, CROWDFUNDING, MAINTAINING YOUR KEYWORDS. EMAIL ME FOR CLASS INFORMATION. I NEED AT LEAST 5-BUT NO MORE THAN 7-8 ATTENDEES-BUT I CAN TEACH YOU HOW TO RISE ABOVE THE OTHERS AT LIGHTENING SPEED-AND I CAN TEACH YOU THE ART OF GROWTH-HACKING FOR THE REAL PASSIONATE ONES! CLEARSKINMINERALS@GMAIL.COM
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9718 43 1377

^ Trying to sell your services by posting in unrelated topics is really not cool, and a good way to get your account banned. If you came with an answer to the question that would be one thing, but you didn't.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Tourist
51 0 2

Yep Jason, and that's why the community is going down hill as there is no moderating or vetting of these people. In my eyes, remove the ability to sign up free will and turn it into a vetting service. You must have a shopify store. Or at least make these people pay a premium (year subscription) to be able to advertise. 

These poor newbies get mislead far too easily and quickly and they wonder why they don't succeed. Companies constantly on the "sell sell sell" hype are only bothered about themselves. 

0 Likes