SEO not updating?

Chris_Schipper
15 0 0

I just went live with my site (www.AmsterdamTulipMuseumOnline.com) and am pretty excited!  However, I've noticed an issue popping up in a few places where the copy associated with links or search looks wrong and out of date.  

I dug around to see if I hadn't updated something (using the Debut theme if helpful) but couldn't find any issues. The 'title' and 'meta description' under Online Store --> Preferences are up to date, but if I google my site, I see the below title & description. Further, when I shared the link on linkedin, the description looked like some keywords I'd punched in a long while back: "Tulip fanatic lovers tulip mania gifts tray kitchen home tulips".

Is there something I'm forgetting to update?  In general, I feel like very NOT optimized for search right now, so this may just be the tip of the iceberg, but would still be great to fix :)

When google searching (note it also is way low in the search - a few pages in)

Title: 'Amsterdam Tulip Museum Online - Opening Soon'

Description: Amsterdam Tulip Museum Online. Coming Soon. Hello there fellow tulip lover! Apologies, but we are currently in development and should be up and running ...

0 Likes
Jodyshop_Shoppi
Tourist
50 0 2

You have to a lot of work to get noticed by search enignes. hire someone to help you in this:

Marketing plan & Optimization Methods?

1. Create and submit New Video about your business.
  2. Social media submission.
  3. Guest posting submission.
  4. Press Release writing + submission.
  5. Citation optimization by submitting your business to local directories Listings.
  6. Product or Service promotion worldwide.
  7. Email Marketing submission.
  8. Genuine content writing for new posts or new pages.
  9. Influencer Marketing (Radio and podcast business mention).
  10. Building quality Backlinks for your website.

Hope this help :)
www.jodyshop.com

Jodyshop Technologies, Inc. @ Jodyshop.com
0 Likes
Chris_Schipper
15 0 0

Yikes, a lot to do! Any recommendations on people you ahve worked with? I'm definitely on a bit of a budget :)

0 Likes
Jodyshop_Shoppi
Tourist
50 0 2

You can try this for helping you out:

1. Fiverr.com
  2. Peopleperhour.com

And you can choose the service that fit your budget. :)

Jodyshop Technologies, Inc. @ Jodyshop.com
0 Likes
Yagnesh_Darji
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Did you create webmaster tools and submitted site map? if yes than wait till atleast 1 week
or else connect with me i will help you with this.

0 Likes
Chris_Schipper
15 0 0

Hi Yagnesh - how do I do that? I built everything in Shopify and basically just did what was there, is there something in particular I need to do to get webmaster tools?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10039 119 1876

Hey Chris,

This link may offer some insight to get you started:
https://help.shopify.com/manual/promoting-marketing/seo/find-site-map

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Chris_Schipper
15 0 0

Hey Jason - this was EXCELLENT, thank you so much :)

0 Likes

Chris,

After publishing or updating the content you can "ask" Google bot to re-crawl your content. This can be done via Google Search Console dashboard.

❤️ Found my answer helpful? Please LIKE or Accept Solutions.
❤️Top 30 Best Shopify Themes Free + Premium: A Complete Review Read More
0 Likes