SEO optimization tips for my store

Solved
michalc
Tourist
10 2 0

Hello Shopify community,

5 months ago I started two ecommerce stores for German and Austrian markets that are selling magnet fishing equipment. At the same time, I started to focus on SEO optimization and the creation of useful and interesting content. The goal of my SEO focus is to bring in cheap and converting website traffic. I've created quite a bit of content and I'll be publishing many more articles soon. However, the problem is that articles do not appear high in search. The URLs are www.bravior.at and www.bravior.de. Search console report looks like this: https://prnt.sc/11dk2bz

So my question for you guys is what to do? How to make SEO more effective? What's wrong with my sites and how do I improve them? What SEO practices worked for you?

Best regards,

Michal

0 Likes
McCarron
1 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, I own Fatmetrics which is an SEO app. Here are a few things for you to look into in order to get more traffic: 

1) Keyword research is very important - start with longtail keywords

2) Most Shopify themes make duplicate content and don't use canonical links 

3) Backlinks are super-important

4) Check your reports and see where people are coming from, which pages need optimization etc

5) Content, content, content

6) Reduce image sizes and compress images 

7) Look at lighthouse, GTMetrix and Pingdom to see what's slowing your site down

Uninstall anything you're running that you don't need including old themes

9) Breadcrumbs navigation

Hope this helps!

Chris

P.S. You can check out Fatmetrics SEO Keyword Research and Advanced Reports here

0 Likes

Hi, Michal,

We looked over your website.

First, you can fix some basic factors:

- Researching keywords in the language that your target customers type on search engines.

- Using only 1 language on your webs, your title is English but your meta descriptions are another language. 

SEOBooster_1-1618473989576.png

Second, We recommend that you should create content bringing benefit to your target customers.

At the same time, you build high-quality backlinks by developing guest posts on other related websites. 

Don't rush, your web needs to have a long time to on top of Google.

SEOBooster_0-1618473449236.png

To do that, first, you need to research keywords carefully. In addition, we suggest you 8 steps to boost eCommerce SEO:

1. Do keyword research to find the types of keywords that customers are searching for
2. Website architecture should be based on keyword researching.
3. On-Page SEO through strategic keyword optimization in meta tags and content.
4. Technical SEO to ensure that search engines can find your site effectively.
5. Local SEO to drive local organic traffic (if you have one available)
6. Content marketing to drive additional organic visitors.
7. Link building to enhance the authority of your website.
8. Measure SEO success with Google Analytics and Ahrefs.

You can read more: 8 EASY steps of SHOPIFY SEO optimization to TOP 1

Don't hesitate to have questions for us.

Cheers,

SEO Booster Team

SEO Booster - The best Shopify SEO App
- Was our reply helpful? Click Like to let us know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you!!!
0 Likes
Propelguru
Trailblazer
310 7 39

SEO best practices a set of tasks aimed at improving the search engine rankings of a website. Common SEO best practices include website optimization, keyword research, and site backlinks.

Nowadays, the way we build URLs, write title tags and meta descriptions, optimize website images, etc., is becoming less important as Google focuses on other SEO factors (mainly content and link-building techniques).

Here are some of the factors that will have you improve your SEO ranking in search engines.

1. Remove error that slows down your website speed
  2. Link to other websites with suitable Content
  3. Write for Humans First, Search Engines Second
  4. Have Web Analytics in Place at the Start
  5. Write Unique and Relevant Meta Descriptions for Every Page
  6. Use a Simple, Readable URL Structure
  7. Use the Right Keywords in Images
  8. Enhance the user experience across your entire website.
  9. Make your website voice search friendly.
0 Likes