Sales slowing down

6 0 0

Hi,

I launched www.stylemypad.com a few months ago. Initially I had sales and traffic coming through. But have since seen a decrease.  Has anyone else been having similar issues? And how have you resolved them? 

I have advertised on facebook but this didn't really amount to much.  I have joined many groups on facebook and post regularly on them. I also have an instagram account.

I would be very grateful for any feedback and hopefully can get my store moving.

www.stylemypad.com

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hello Catherine,

If you had sales before, it isn't your website that will be the root of failure, rather the marketing and scaling attempts you are doing.

Question: are you running look a like audiences with your marketing. if you had success with past customers and ads, I highly suggest looking into these.

If you would like to discuss scaling opportunities I really think I can help. 15 minutes out of your day for a quick phone call is all it will take. Let me know if you are interested and i look forward to hearing from you :)

Thanks

Steven

0 Likes
Pathfinder
186 0 31

Hey Catherine,

The main landing page of your store does not seem to be organized. There's a lot of empty space which you can use to display your best products. Also, having symmetrically placed images will also help. Having an about us page on your website helps in building trust and with SEO as well. Read this to get help with writing an about us page.

I would like to know more about the facebook campaigns you have tried till now. I could see that you do not have pixel installed on your store. Having a facebook pixel is a must as it helps you retarget people who have already visited your store. These are your leads and you can increase your sales by offering them a discount code. 

I visited your Instagram. I observed that you mostly post product pictures. Posting other content is as much necessary. You can try and build a visual theme for yor Instagram profile. Orangetwig's Instasuccess toolkit allows you to make all your posts clickable. This will help you in increasing your sales.

Hope this helps

Karan

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 38

Hi, Catherine. 
My name is Morgan, I am part of the Social Media team here at Shopify. 

Thanks for reaching out over the forums. I'd be happy to offer some insight on your shop and a few other tips to elevate your business! 

In terms of your site specifically, here are some thing I'd consider looking into: 

1. I see you have a page with your delivery information, this is a great start! I recommend adding a bit more information on this page, or possible a separate page which could include: A contact us page, About us page, or FAQ's. The more information you can give about your business, and what customers can expect, the more your customers will trust to order from you.  

2. I'd possibly make the logo a bit smaller on your home page, so that at first glance you can see more of the site than the header. 

3. Also, I recommend expanding your homepage to develop the brands feel and aesthetic. Adding "lookbook"/catalog type pictures and content can really help paint a picture of your brand/business. Here's some example shops that use Shopify. (https://www.shopify.ca/examples). Take a look at how they utilize content on their home page rather than strictly products. It should really help! 

4. Lastly, adding some information to your product pages can help intrigue and catch the eye of customers. They need to be convinced and have a reason to purchase from you and not another furniture retailer! Here's a great guide on perfect product descriptions for conversions.

In terms of advertising: 

Advertising is only effective if the ads are appearing to the proper demographic and customer base. Have you tried out different audiences and seen an increase or decrease in engagement from your customers? If not, I recommend trying some different audiences to test how effective your ads are. 

Here's also a guide on targeting your audience for optimal conversions!

I hope this gives you a few things to consider. Let me know if you have any questions on this! 

Cheers,
Morgan F 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Pathfinder
233 0 33

Hi Catherine,

Morgan from Shopify has mentioned some great points! I have checked your website and I think it's well designed but there are a few things that make it look a little unprofessional.

It's great that your main product images have the same size, it would be even better if they all have the same white background:

You can remove the "Powered by Shopify" message easily, check this article.

Thanks to email forwarding, you can use a professional looking email address on Shopify for free.

It's better if the social media links are opening in the new tab instead of redirecting the customer elsewhere. It's an easy setup, here's a manual. Furthermore, your Facebook link leads to m.facebook.com instead of facebook.com.

Adding informational pages as Morgan mentioned above is very important, it will help you to look more trustworthy.

As for the marketing, if you manage to bring some traffic but your sales are decreasing, you might wanna try dynamic remarketing - personalized ads with products your visitors left in the cart or have browsed. Sometimes, the visitors make a purchase immediately but usually, they need more than one visit to make a decision and it's good to remind them of your store. Our app ROI Hunter Easy can help you with the setup and it's available for both Google and Facebook.

I hope it helps,

Katerina

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
95 0 1

Great question! Thanks for writing. 

Wanted to throw in my $0.02 on this issue…

If your solution to everything is “just add in more keywords,” then you don’t know how to optimize.

The question you need to ask is:

How does the digitla marketing strategy align with our company goals?

If you need Google to be the channel for driving purely new customer acquisition, aka, first time purchasers, align with that objective. Ask your PPC vendor or agency:

What channel tactics with Google are most effective for driving those people? How would structure your account around acquisition versus retention? What are the three tools that are most effective, and what are the three coolest tools you’re most excited about? 

Anyway, we blogged about this today if you want some additional questions for vetting a digital marketing agency: https://bit.ly/2Ox749u

Hope that helps! See ya

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes