Selling other peoples products on my site

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have two companies that accepted me to sell their products but I cannot find how to do that.  I keep getting answers to get them to sell my productst but not the other way around.  Obviously I'm a newb and getting quite frustrated.  Help!?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 43 92

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

That is a great question and I would love to help you out! There are two options that I think could be relevant for you depending on what you're needing.

1. If you're selling the items and you're getting the profits then you can just add the items to your store and then adjust the Vendor of each item under each product by going to your Store Admin and clicking on Products > *Name of the Product* > Vendor.

2020-01-sn8k4-zyqlz

This will allow you to categorize your items per store. If you were to do that you could then make collections based on the vendors or allow your customers to filter by the vendor. If that is the option that you need I can help you a bit more with filters and collections.

The other option is:

2. If you're creating the store but each store is essentially selling their own items for-profit and you're getting a percentage then I think you would want to look into using something like Multi-Vendor Marketplace. This will allow you to have one store with multiple stores. There is a price associated with the app, but I promise you that this is the app that you will want to use if that is what you're looking for.

Please let me know what option it is that you're looking for or if you're looking for something else entirely. If you have any questions about the information that I have given please let me know.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

So you'd like to know how to sell someone else's products? Who will be shipping the products? i.e. are you buying their product then shipping it yourself out of your home or warehouse or will they be shipping on your behalf (a dropshipper)?

From there, you can configure your shipping settings. You'll need to setup the product like the Shopify employee shared above.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I have been accepted as an affiliate for two vendors and will be
approaching more after I figure this all out. I will show their products
using mostly their copy and art and the buy button will link to the
vendor's website where the purchases will be made. The vendors will then
send me my commission. I just dont know how to set it up on my site, and,
like I said in my o.p., all the info I can find on Affiliate Marketing for
Shopify refers to the opposite of this transaction, getting them to sell my
stuff.
0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

The vendors will then
send me my commission. I just don't know how to set it up on my site, and,
like I said in my o.p., all the info I can find on Affiliate Marketing for
Shopify refers to the opposite of this transaction, getting them to sell my
stuff.

hochzeitsfotograf innsbruck

0 Likes
Highlighted

Dear CannabisJack,

Hope shopify experts from here will help you.

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Hire Shopify Small Tasks Experts
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 43 92

You're right, the affiliate marketing transactions work in the opposite direction. For what you're wanting, the stores that you're partnering would need to join the affiliate program if they're using Shopify or they would have to sign up for an affiliate program on their own. 

With influencer marketing, the stores that you're promoting must have an affiliate tracking function on their business for this to work. If the business has affiliate links they will always have a UTM parameter or unique set up for each affiliate, The best way to promote is via that link in text format, like blogs. You can also use that affiliate link in buy buttons on a page or you can modify your product pages or add to cart buttons with code to take them to an external affiliate link to the store’s site. That would require a bit of back end work, but it could be done if needed. 

You could invoice the stores using draft orders in your Shopify account, but you would mean that you'd have to be in continuous contact with the stores because there wouldn't be a way to automatically know how much they're selling to know how big your commission should be. 

If you're looking to do influencer marketing on IG as well you could look into something like Afluencer. For that, however, the other businesses would need to be on the service as well. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like