Setting Discounts across multiple lines of stock/all stock

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi there. Does anyone know if there is a way to set a discount % at a product level so when a customer enters the store they see (for example) Price £100  £75? This way they can see that items are discounted without having to get to the checkout to find out, or to see it via the tiny header banner? People tend not to look around the screen for information, so the best way to get their attention is to have this information staring them in the face when they open an item. I know you can set the "Compare-at-price", but having to update this manually for thousands of items is tedious/time consuming, and I know from experience that exporting and re-importing your entire stock can result in a huge manual clean up operation to fix items which have "corrupted". Thanks in advance! Nigel 

www.stamphawk.co.uk

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Guinea, I think I am understanding your question correctly. Let me know if I got it wrong. Based on how I understand it you might want to look at an app to manage it for you.
Here is an example of an app:

https://apps.shopify.com/bulk-price-editor-by-buymaxx?surface_detail=Bulk+Price+Editor&surface_inter...

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for the response, but from what I can see that app only solves part of the problem - what I was looking for is a solution that will display both the original price and the discounted price on the item, so the "buyer" can see immediately that the item is discounted. We all know that people like to see that they are getting a deal, so by showing both prices they will immediately know that there is a discount applied to that item. I have looked through the Shopify Apps and cannot see anything obvious that gives the result I am looking for - maybe it is (another) paid for customisation. 

Kind regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
306 44 80
Your easiest free way is to do as you say & do an export/import. I’ve never had a problem with corruption and I also have thousands of products. Trick I have found is to use Google Sheets and not Excel, as Excel does seem to cause issues. Also worth looking at Excelify, which does cost money but is more powerful than the standard export/import functionality. Also make sure you don’t leave your formulas in cells, use paste special to only paste values.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes

Dear Guinea,

Please contact our Shopify official experts here https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us 

Hope you will get the solution.

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Hire Shopify Small Tasks Experts
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes
Highlighted
Would you mind entering a price and compare at price for one of your
products and then send me the link? It might be possible with a minor theme
modification, to show the price and compare at price when the product is
opened.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi Pieter,

Link below - as you can see there is an original price and also a discounted price. Hopefully you can do something with this?

https://www.stamphawk.co.uk/products/british-airways011157

Kind regards,

Nigel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Hi Nigel,

I am a bit confused now. The link you sent through does show the before and
after discount price. The £15 is crossed out and it shows £10. From your
previous message I thought your theme was not displaying this? I sent
through the link to the plugin, as it allows you to update compare at
prices globally.

Do you not want to modify the compare at prices at all, only enter a
discount % and the site updates all of your prices? Then display it like it
is currently being displayed on the link that you sent through?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi Dieter,

As per my original post, what I am trying to avoid is having to load a price and a compare at price for every single item as it is very time consuming and very risky with the export/import process being somewhat flakey. What I am looking for ideally is the ability to set a discount % at a store wide level or better still at a collection level, and have that display on the product in the same fashion as the example I sent you ie The Product Level "Price" is the pre-discount price, and then the discounted price being the price - x%. I realise this is probably a fair bit of work, but I imagine it is a function that would be very popular with many of your shopify store owners.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for the patience while I figure this out. If I understand correctly now, this is more or less what you want to achieve:

Untitled.png
Our test store is set up in rand, so that is the reason for it displaying R.

I created that price using this app: https://apps.shopify.com/discount-url

It uses the price in the "Price" field as the pre-discount price and then creates the after discount price. Dynamic pricing needs to be enabled for the app to be able to update prices. 

During the setup process, you define the discount % you want to use and which products it should be applied to. You can also customize the look that is displayed on the product page. I went for the look in the image above.

Let me know if this is the solution that you are looking for and if you struggle with anything.

0 Likes