Setting up a subdomin - issues

Highlighted
2 0 0

Yesterday I activated my store on store.stopdoingnothing.com (aka stopdoingnothing.myshopify.com ). I made my subdomain the main domain and set all redirection to there. As I was testing my cart on store.stopdoingnothing.com, every now and then I'd get an invalid SSL error. I'd use the link in Chrome to by pass, but that was still disconcerting. So for the time being I set my primary store domain back to the shopify subdomain. I know my CNAME work is good on the subdomain. Was I just have propogation issues? 

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 32

Hi, Patrick!

Freddie here from the Shopify Support team, happy to help.

When I visit your storefront, store.stopdoingnothing.com, and click on your cart page, it loads without any SSL issues or errors on my end. I've tried in a few separate browsers, but all seem to be working just fine!

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies in your current browser to see if that helps? Or in a separate browser? Let me know if you see the issue persist on your end after that, happy to help!

Best regards,

Freddie
Shopify Support - support@shopify.com

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

My setting are not the same as when I had the issue. I had noted that in the initial message. 

Should I be forwarding my shopify subdomain to the store.stopdoingnothing.com? Is that the standard configuration? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 32

All you need to do is go to Online Store > Domains, and set your primary domain to store.stopdoingnothing.com if that's the main domain you want your store to load as. There is no further redirection or any other settings needed to make this work, as that should be it!

Best regards,

Freddie
Shopify Support - support@shopify.com

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes