Shopify Email - sending out an automatic email to new subscribers

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi! I'm setting up my shopify store at the moment, transferring over from wix. At the moment I have an email list using mailchimp, but I'd ideally like to transfer over to shopify email so it's all in one place.

When customers sign up to my email list they get a discount code for 10% off - I'd like this to be sent automatically every time someone signs up. I've created an email campaign using shopify email however it doesn't seem to send out automatically - just when I click 'send' on the email. 

Does shopify email have the ability to send out automations right now or should I stick with mailchimp? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @lilackitten!

As you noticed, the Shopify Email app lets you only send manual campaigns. I'd also like to know if Shopify is planning to add automation to the Shopify Email app. For now, you'll need to stick with Mailchimp if you want to keep sending the automated welcome email. 

Thanks,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi there! Thanks so much for your reply. Ok no problem at all, I'll stick with mailchimp for now - hopefully shopify email will have it in the future, I'll keep an eye on it! Thanks again

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello, email campaigns will increase the traffic and awareness. If you want to further try to engage some of your customers with mail-in marketing, you may want to check this post

Good luck

Hygidots

Hygidots
0 Likes