Shopify Google Shopping not triggering ads

Highlighted
2 0 0

The past few years I have used google shopping ads with a manual feed I created.  Since moving to shopify and adding more products, we decided to use the shopify google shopping app to save time.  I installed the shopify app, published all of our products, waited to get them approved by google (which they were), and confirmed that all products are listed in the shopping campaign on google adwords.

The campaign has been running for a few days and so far there are 0 (zero) impressions, which is very unlikely.  I contacted google and everything looks good on their end so they pointed the finger at shopify.  I contacted shopify and everything looks good on their end, so back to google.

Basically what it looks like is the products are there, the ads are set up right, but the products don't trigger the ads.  I know when I manually set up the feeds it works...but with the shopify app there are no feeds, i'm not sure if that is the issue somehow?

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 56

Hi Bryan,

My name is Anne, on the Guru team. Thanks so much for getting in touch with us on the forums!

If you would mind reaching out to our support team again our tech team will definitely look into this for you again! If you could send on some example products, relevant screeshots of the ads on Google, if there are any error messages and the message from Google, that would be something we'll be happy to look into again!

Thanks Bryan

Anne | support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Bryan, Anne, 

I have been having the exact same problem, with the added challenge that both Google and Shopify tell me that everything is in order on their side and I should contact the other side for support.  The problem seems to be with "microdata" feed issues.  Did you ever have any luck in addressing this on your end? 

0 Likes