I'm pleased to announce that we have completed our Google Tag Manager(GTM) - Shopify course and published it in Youtube. It is a 1-hour course, totally focused on Shopify stores' data-analytics setup without using an app - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL92pEp_0XVLpEse3d2i-zv034Vyi64gmF
It is not only actionable - but also instructive and aims to teach you essentials of data-analytics and GTM while taking some important actions for your Shopify store using Google Tag Manager.
By following the course, you will be to:
- Learn the basics of GTM and how you can benefit,
- Add GTM container into your Shopify store,
- Add a special dataLayer code to your checkout/order processing page,
- Create GTM tags & variables & triggers
- Set up Google Analytics 4 (including ecommerce tracking),
- Set up Facebook Pixel global + purchase events,
- Set up Google Ads conversion tracking
- and many others.
I will leave the first video here as an embed - so that you can have an idea how it is structured and how it looks like: