Shopify Page Title SEO - why is Shopify adding my store name automatically at the end?

Jack_Watson1
Tourist
24 0 1

Hi,

I've recently opened a store selling Scandinavian homewares, and am trying to improve on our SEO strategy.

I've been going through the Page Titles of all our products and making sure they all follow this format:

'product name' by 'brand name' - 'variant' | Scandinavian Homewares Store | hoo-gah

Now when I open the website and go to one of the product pages and hover over the tab in the browser, the little popup describing the Page Title reads:

'product name' by 'brand name' - 'variant' | Scandinavian Homewares Store | hoo-gah - [hoo-gah] Scandinavian Homewares

Does anyone know why it's adding the extra "- [hoo-gah] Scandinavian Homewares"? I don't think this extra text will be displayed on a google search for a specific page, but I can't test it yet because Google seems to take a while to update the changes I've made.

Thanks for any help!

Jack

0 Likes
Sia_K
Excursionist
22 0 11

Jack,

This is probably coded this way into your Liquid template file. It's not like that for your homepage so I guess it will add that part only if the page that is being loaded is a product page.

A single line needs to be changed in the head section of your theme.liquid file. You can conact your theme developer and they'll be able to change that for you easily enough.

Sia 

Digital Marketer / Co-Foudder at Madotta
0 Likes
SEO_Doctor
Explorer
221 0 15

Hi Jack, 

Shopify automatically adds your shop name at the end of the title. This can be found in the theme liquid. You can change the code or not add your store name when writing your titles.

Best,

Grace

SEO Doctor App (https://apps.shopify.com/kudobuzz-seo)
0 Likes