Shopify ads for FB failed yet FB is charging me everyday. PLZ HELP!

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have been trying to set up FB ads marketing through Shopify. As you can see my first few ads failed & I had to change some of the wording to make it active. The campaign that was approved had a $35 budget. The one that says 20 -OFF -18 had a $25 daily budget but that one failed. A few days passed and I realized that there were daily $25 charged from FB. I went into FB on their ads manager and it showed the ad was actually published and charging me without me realizing since Shopify said it was failed. Also Shopify said the cost was $0.00 but now I've paid $140 in ads while only intending to pay $35 one time. I feel like this has been very misleading and obviously very stressful. Is this normal? Did I do something wrong or is this an error with Shopify? I never used the FB ads manager and created these campaigns in Shopify. The screenshot from FB ads was after I realized I had been being charged every day and needed to find out why. I am very hesitant to try using their ad services ever again as I feel like I've been unknowingly ripped off. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 12.38.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 1.13.42 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
32 3 11

First of all, always use ads manager for ads. I have no idea why it said failed as I never ran ads like this (and I never heard anyone else did).

You haven't been ripped off, Facebook charged you for the ads that have been running. In the screenshot you have 16,601 impressions so you got charged for those.

If you didn't want to be billed then you just needed to go to the ads manager and turn off the ads. Don't use 3rd party platforms to run your ads.

CEO of Appex Media, a leading eCommerce marketing agency that leads DTC Shopify brands to massive growth and profitability.
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Obviously I learned my lesson about using Shopify's features but it specifically says on their website that I won't be billed for failed ads ran through their platform. They shouldn't even offer this service for their users. Also it says on Shopify my cost for the "failed" ad is $0.00 but that isn't accurate either... Once I realized I was being charged for a failed ad I quickly stopped all ads in FB manager, but again Shopify offers this service and they should at least let their customers know they should also check FB manager for accuracy as their service has glitches.

0 Likes