Shopify blog posts not ranking?

Hi all, 

I have created several blog posts on my store but they seems can't rank on Google with any keywords. It's very strange because my products page (which the product keyword has way higher competition) are ranking but somehow for the posts aren't ranking? I aimed for long tail keywords which has lower search difficulty according to SEMRush and Ubersuggest. I am so confused!  

You can see my most recent pot here.

Shopify Explorer
0 Likes
Damilola
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi Felix119119

The oldest way in the book is to check out the sites that rank above your site in the search results. See what they are doing better than you are. Don't copy them, just make your site better than theirs.

Also, it helps to step back and see why you are missing the traffic. Is it because you have created a site that is competing against half a million similar sites. What other ways can people find what is on your site and why should they choose to visit your site rather than the other sites within the same topic/niche

Your new site is not going to take traffic from older, well known sites unless it has more to offer. Even if your site is uniquely better than all the other sites that cover the same topics, you don't just bounce to the top until you've been there for some time. If you have targeted a topic that has many long-established and popular sites, it can take a very long time to outshine them.

0 Likes
1WebAlex
Excursionist
14 0 4

If you search your title with quotes, you are #7. Without quotes, you are not in the top 100. This is because your keywords are extremely competitive to rank for and your website does not have much power yet. You are being outranked by extremely powerful websites. You will need a lot more backlinks to your site in general, and also to this specific post to rank it.

Now if you said "why red tailed siberian pandas are endangered in 2021" you've got something much easier to rank for. I hope this helps

Alex

1WebAlex_0-1609888059985.png

Hi Alex, 

@1WebAlex 

Thanks so much for your help. And I am glad that my post (at least) can rank well with quotes.

The reason I created this post is because according to Ubersuggest, it has a SEO difficulty of 7 (the higher the number, the competitive the keyword is)

Ubersuggest Search Difficulty.png

Somehow I couldn’t manage to put this keyword to rank, but for other keywords like “unique panda gifts” and “no talkie until coffee”, they are ranking (at least < position 100). But they have a SEO difficulty of 44 and 36 respectively (see red box)

This is where it confuses me, shouldn’t it be easier for a post to rank for “why pandas are endangered” than “unique panda gifts”, for example?

Maybe this metric is not reliable? I then check it against SEMRush, it shows opposite result:

SEMRush Search Difficulty.png

It shows that “why pandas are endangered” (KD = 84.01) is actually harder to rank than “unique panda gifts” (72.40).

The results seem contradictory to each other and don’t know which one should I trust?

Hope it makes sense,

Felix

Shopify Explorer
0 Likes
1WebAlex
Excursionist
14 0 4

That Semrush  data is far more accurate than the other, I would use it going forward. There is no way "why pandas are endangered" is a 7, 84 would be more realistic.

I pig part of that is "why" and "are" are extremely generic words and are basically stripped out of the phrase by Google. Therefore your left with ranking "pandas endangered", a very tough 2 word phrase. The more unique words in the phrase generally makes it easier to rank, the less the harder.

Hard - "endangered pandas"

Easier - "list of 2021 female endangered japanese rain forest pandas"

Alex

0 Likes