Shopify with Instagram/Facebook/Google

Highlighted
9 0 0

Good day People!

I have few questions. I just finished working with my website and now want to connect all the socials to the website/shopify. Instagram is getting verified for about 7 hours telling 'We’re checking the status of your Facebook Commerce Terms. This can take up to 5 minutes'. Facebook is kinda ready, but is there a way to add sync products from Shopify to Facebook Shop? All I can see is product-by-product possibility. The same with google - website is getting 'claimed' for about 3 days already.. Will there will be automatic sync of products from Shopify store to google? 

Also, maybe there are any other advises of places to promote beauty products? All I can see, that promotions on instagram/pinterest are just attracting likes for pictures from strange accounts.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Piggy backing on this.. our Facebook Shop is synced up and working fine. Our Instagram shop however is also having issues completing set up.

Our Instagram Shopping section has a status of "Set up Incomplete". When you click "Continue setup", the Terms and Conditions section has been buffering for hours when it supposedly should only take up to 5 minutes? "We’re checking the status of your Facebook Commerce Terms. This can take up to 5 minutes." is always buffering which is not allowing me to click "Request Approval"

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We are having exactly the same issue, any ideas Shopify?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 4

I might have a fix for you.

I had this same problem for two weeks and finally someone from Shopify Support emailed me explaining how to fix this (it worked for me however, I'm hoping it works for you!). I will take photos of the directions below from the email I received from support:

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 4

Last photo here I forgot to add:

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 5.11.52 PM.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

My application randomly went from "Set up incomplete" to "pending review". If it doesn't go through I will definitely check this out thanks Jake!

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

I double check and it shows also 'Pending review'.. Strange stuff happening !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

So for me it took about 1 week but my shop was approved just now. 

It was actually rejected at first because of the following error "You need to claim the domain connected to your business on Facebook." to which I clicked the "Learn More" button. The page broke down what I needed to do. I wasn't sure how to add a txt file in shopify but this thread on Shopify helped me do that.

https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Verifying-Domain-for-Facebook/td-p/792919

About an hour later I was approved for everything!

0 Likes