Shoppable Instagram and Pinterest - Why is Canada still being ignored?

5 0 0

When is Shopify going to make a push to have Canadian sellers included in shoppable Pintersts and Insta? I feel like I am missing out on a major opportunity and run my website with a major handicap as opposed to USA sellers while paying THE SAME price from shopify services.
This is making me absolutely livid actually because a Canadian company is leaving Canada behind and it's not the first time.
Is there any timeline on when these MAJOR features are going to be available to Canadian store owners?
Are we not good enough? Are maple scented dollars repulsive?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9974 84 1491

I won't comment on any specific service but these things are generally down the platform themselves - not something that Shopify controls. The market those services launch in first are almost always the USA given the large base of users.

I'd make the fair assumption that once those other markets are opened and available to Shopify, they'll be enabled for their customers.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 9

Hey Seb, 

Trevor the Guru here!

I can understand your frustration on this as I'm a photographer based in Canada so these sales channels would be super useful for myself as well. Much like what Jason said, where these features are rolled out is entirely up to the platform that offers the integration. Shopify is always working with these companies on getting these and other features rolled out to other countries as soon as we're able to as we want to help our merchant's businesses grow. 

Shoppable Instagram, for example, is still in beta testing, so many merchants based in the United States still don't have access to this feature until the option is fully rolled out by Instagram. When we do roll out new features, we do try to ensure that our merchants are aware of them, however, you can also check out our Announcements page to keep up to date!

I hope this adds some clarification to the issue, however, if you do have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Trevor M

Shopify Guru

0 Likes