Should I hide the price tag?

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Someone suggested to me that I should hide the prices of my products from the collection page and only show them on the product page.

Can anyone weigh in on the benefits or negatives of doing so?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
126 0 10

Hi Chris,

Leon from the Marketing community here

The short answer to your marketing question would be of some benefit if the price was not visible and causes the visitor to click on the image to find more information about  the product.

This is a behavioural technique (click to review more)

But this type of strategy must be tried a tested as this could have a negative effect like a surprise when the visitor final price is revealed also   if your audience is unfamiliar with your site and its current pricing stature.

I hope that helps amd if you need any more please feel free to contact me

We have helped over 500 Shopify store clients worldwide this year with marketing and strategies, improving sales and conversions. Contact us if you wish to have the same professional business experience
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
58 0 1

Hi Chris  , Leon from the community

The short answer to your marketing question would be of some benefit if the price was not visible ro have the visitor to click on the image to find more information about  the product.

But this type of strategy must be tried a tested as it could be have a negative effect like a surprise when the final price is revealed also   if your audience is unfamiliar with your site and its current pricing stature.

if you need any more help please feel free to reach out

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
99 0 5

Hi Chris,

It's Shauna here from the guru team, I hope you are well :)

The benefit of hiding prices on the collection page, is that customers go further into your website in order to see prices. Some, may argue that it might look more streamlined to just keep the product prices on the product pages.

Hopefully some merchants can provide their input into this, however I do believe it is a personal preference.

Hope this helps!

Shauna

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Chris Leon from the community here

The short answer to your marketing question would be of some benefit if the price was not visible and have the visitor to click on the image to find more information of the product.

But this type of strategy must be tried a tested as it could be have a negative effect like a surprise when the s final price is revealed also   if your audience is unfamiliar with your site and the pricing stature.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
143 0 13

Hi Chris,

I think everything looks pretty good right now!   Stay heavy with your social media it will pay off as it grows followers!

Happy Selling!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try Our Free Shopping App Today and Get Buyers To Your Store Free.  3 EASY CLICKS and your product listings can be uploaded and listed FREE on FinditQuick! NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED! Get your products in front of 30 million monthly active and engaged customers on FinditQuick. Try It Today! http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick

Try Our Free Shopping App Today and Get Buyers To Your Store Free. http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick 3 EASY CLICKS and your product listings can be uploaded and listed FREE on FinditQuick! NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED! Get your products in front of 30 million monthly active and engaged customers on FinditQuick. Try It Today! http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

In direct mail, the price isn't revealed until after all of the selling points have been presented. More often than not, the first time price is shown to the reader, it's not the real offer. The copywriter will then explain how they can buy the product at a much cheaper price if they buy it now, or if they took advantage of some other offer up for grabs.

But then again, take a look at what the big boys are doing--amazon.com. They don't show the product's price until after you click on the item and brought to the product description page. Consequently, there are featured products shown on their jumbotron will have price quoted with the copy.

There is no one right way to do this. If you have sufficient traffic, do a split-run test and see which works best for you.

I'm a copywriter for direct response advertising. Send me a message if you need a FREE critique on your website.
0 Likes