Site Feedback?

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 4
So I just switched to Shopify from BigCommerce and couldnt be happier that I've finally undertaken this migration. I love so much about Shopify already, and the Shopify team have all been amazing. Every. Single. Interaction. ! I've asked friends for feedback on my site (the last 2 weeks with bigcommerce were a nightmare) so I'm terrified to have customers come to the new site and experience any issues. Will take any and all advice, open to constructive thoughts and suggestions! Thank you! www.pinkslateboutique.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2691 190 427

Hi @pinkslateboutiq

Nick here from Shopify. 

I went to check out your store and it is password protected. I'm not sure if you still don't want to make it public yet or if you want to share the password here for people to see your store and be able to offer you on some feedback. You can remove the password page by taking the following steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Preferences.

2. Go to the Password protection area.

3. Uncheck Enable password.

4. Click Save.

Let me know in a reply here and I can take a look at your store for you and welcome to Shopify, glad to hear it's been a great experience for you so far. 🙂

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 4
Hi Nick! The password is pinkslate1, thanks :)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2691 190 427

Thanks so much! 

I took a look and your store looks great so far. You are definitely on the right track and it shows you've spent a lot of time and effort on it all. There are a few things I did see which you could alter/ add or edit to hopefully take things to the next level. Let's take a look at them below:

• I absolutely love your Our Story page but saw it was only in the Footer section towards the bottom. Personally, I feel the story of a store/ brand is equally as important as the products in many ways. Before buying people will always read the story of the store and it helps get the visitor emotionally invested in the brand and encourages them to become a customer. I am a firm believer that stories sell and adding the Our Story tab to the main navigation menu at the top will help towards the end goal. The page itself is great and tells your story well and reasoning behind the store idea. But I will share some blog posts from the Shopify content team which might give you some further inspiration to make it even better than it is. You can see one about persuasive slack messages here and another with some examples of other stores About Us/ Story pages here
  • I also spotted you had New arrivals twice on the homepage. I would try and make it all as different as possible and maybe have a best sellers collection at the bottom to make it a little different, but also encourage people to look at some products as best sellers in their mind when they might not have before. I think the layout is good but having the same collection twice in close proximity might not always be the best use of space. It is the collection here which I feel could fit as being called Best Sellers. 21-05-2llkk-wgmwb
  • Another feature I would advise adding in is a browser favicon. A favicon is pretty much a given these days and we see them on all tabs now, but it is still something which we need to add. By adding your logo as a favicon you will not only add a sense of professionalism to your store but also increase the likelihood of someone following through and making a purchase. I would personally be hesitant to purchase from a store with no favicon myself. Not to worry though as Shopify has a great guide for how to add a favicon which you can see here

I hope these help. I think you're in a great place and ready to take things to the next level. 

All the best, Nick

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 4

These are great suggestions!! Thanks so much, I will definitely get to work implementing some of these! Appreciate you taking the time to look it over! 

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2691 190 427

Great to hear you like the suggestions, my pleasure. 

Something else I did see was when I checked the social media icons at the bottom of your store. They don't seem to be linked to anywhere yet as they gave me 404 not found pages. Do you have social media accounts set up with Pink Slate Boutique yet? If not, I would suggest maybe taking these away until you do have it set up, but if you do, you can add them or update them in the theme customizer. 

Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media 

Once again, great work and wishing you the best with everything. 🙂

Cheers, Nick

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
54 3 8

@pinkslateboutiq wrote:
So I just switched to Shopify from BigCommerce and couldnt be happier that I've finally undertaken this migration. I love so much about Shopify already, and the Shopify team have all been amazing. Every. Single. Interaction. ! I've asked friends for feedback on my site (the last 2 weeks with bigcommerce were a nightmare) so I'm terrified to have customers come to the new site and experience any issues. Will take any and all advice, open to constructive thoughts and suggestions! Thank you! www.pinkslateboutique.com

Heya PinkSlateboutiq! Thanks for sharing your store :) 

Having experience in women's fashion this store will find it very hard to make sales with, you will need to focus on less generic clothing as this will be very hard to sell to the general on at least the basis of price and perceived quality. The product descriptions are fine but the overall feeling of the brand is very cliche doesn't stand out and feels very bland. You can expect very low conversion rates because you have not incorporated any element of urgency and you lose visitors very easily. Any person can create a store like this but they fail very easily because they don't understand what customers want and their motivations to buy. I hope this helps!

ElizaThompson 

ElizaThompson

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 4

Hey Nick, thanks for letting me know! So I went back in to check that I had my social media accounts linked, and I did add them.  Do I need to add an image in order for them to work? 

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 8.25.56 AM.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 1 4

Hey Eliza, thank you for taking the time to take a look at my site. I'll take all of these points into consideration! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Excursionist
11 1 4

I actually figured it out! Needed to add http:// before the social media sites! 

1 Like