Social Media Ads for T-Shirt Biz - Spend

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello Shopify Community,

My partner and I launched a t-shirt shop and we've been running a few ads on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. At this point the business is a very part-time job. Our budget for running social media ads has been pretty low at the moment while we familiarize ourselves with how they work. I'd say we're spending about 3-5 dollars a day on ads. So far we've had some likes and some comments, but no conversions. Obviously it's a numbers game when it comes to getting someone to actually make a purchase if they chose to click through to our site, but I was wondering the following:

1. Has anyone ran unsuccessful social media ads at a lower spend ($5) and then upped the spend considerably and noticed a rather immediate increase in actual sales? 

2. What is the best strategy as far as spend is concerned? Does it make sense to start low $5 a day, and then gradually raise that daily spend every week?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Hi 

It all depends on what goals you chose to begin. 

If your doing a like campaign you would probably be better of showing 2 designs and asking which t shirt they prefer. 

Likes are OK but what you really want are comments and shares, especially comments because these people will be the most engaged.

Ate you trying to different target audiences, devices, age groups?

There are so many things you need to test before you start to scale. 

If your running a conversion campaign, stick to $5 per day, track any conversions you get. 

If after 3 days you don't see any sales or lots of likes ditch that ad. 

Ideally you should have at least 5 ads running that all slightly different from each other.

Some ads will have slight variations in your headlines & calls to actions.

Other ads will have a different image or be split by age or device.

You also want to test goals, so some ads will be clicks to website, some for engagement. The more you mix it up the better data you will get.

Don't scale upwards to begin with scale outwards. 

Instead of spending $25 per day on 1 ad spend that on 5 separate ads and see which ones are getting the most clicks.

Having a tight target audience really helps with conversions so check your relevancy score while your ads are running. The higher the score the more targeted your audience is.

If you have anymore questions let me know.

All the best

0 Likes