Social Media Management & Strategy - advice for a newbie please

Jason_Fielding
3 0 0

Hi with so much out there on this subject I've bencome a bit lost - I'm looking for advice on Social Media & blog setup & Management - I have just opened my t shirt store (https://societee.co.uk). I envisaged having a blog to highlight new products and use social media to create pages/groups/content/discussions/links and just some humourous posts to my site & create some brand presence. I want some guidance on:

1. which social media management tools to use (hopefully for free) to minimise the work to post across as many of the major socials as possible.
  2. is it best to post to the social media sites - which then get reflected on a blog page on my site together with customer interactions from the socials (is that what Shopify's 'Social Media Stream' App does?); or is it best to post on a blog on my site - which then gets broadcast outwards to all the socials? Or do I have to post to my site.blog then copy the post to a social media management app? (I was looking at Google's Zoho Social to do this??)
  3. Do I need a blog (Shopify or Wordpress) - or do I just use FB/Twitter as my blog?

Many thanks for any guidance you can give

Jason

https://societee.co.uk)

0 Likes
Pravya
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Jason, 
First of all, great collection. Since your store is brand new, I suppose your main objective is to get traffic to your store, segmenting that traffic and defining the target audience. Having a social media presence not only helps in building awareness but also gets traffic to website. It also helps in directly interacting with the customers (that comes a bit later). 

If you're planning to get traffic only through social media, then it is suggested that you define a strategy which aims to fulfil the short and long term objectives for your store. But for a new store like yours, I would suggest that you should also invest in paid ads ( Display and Facebook) if not done yet. 

For managing your social media, you can use Buffer. The free plan allows you to add 3 social media accounts and 10 posts per account for a month. You can schedule your posts beforehand and make some time for yourself before the sale comes in. You can also see around.io

Having a blog does helps but don't expect immediate results from it. 

Note- Your website as of now misses OG tags. 

0 Likes
Pravya
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Jason, 
First of all, great collection. Since your store is brand new, I suppose your main objective is to get traffic to your store, segmenting that traffic and defining the target audience. Having a social media presence not only helps in building awareness but also gets traffic to website. It also helps in directly interacting with the customers (that comes a bit later). 

If you're planning to get traffic only through social media, then it is suggested that you define a strategy which aims to fulfil the short and long term objectives for your store. But for a new store like yours, I would suggest that you should also invest in paid ads ( Display and Facebook) if not done yet. 

For managing your social media, you can use Buffer. The free plan allows you to add 3 social media accounts and 10 posts per account for a month. You can schedule your posts beforehand and make some time for yourself before the sale comes in. You can also see around.io

Having a blog does helps but don't expect immediate results from it. 

Note- Your website as of now misses OG tags. 

0 Likes