Spent 50USD on google adwords and not a single sale

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

I'm using releveant keywords, click through rate is 5% for my best keyword, not a single sale converting. I have very low budget advertising and since my shop lauched, I have only been using social media to drive traffic. How do I make a sale from paid advertising?

Cat Gift Shop www.catcatworld.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Getting sale from cold traffic is difficult.

Have a pixel for retargeting

You just get about 2% conversion on cold traffic if everything else is perfect, meaning offer, website, social proof etc..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Is this the reason why most of the shopify users are using Facebook ad instead of google Adwords? One of a internet marketing guru taught me to use google Adwords instead of Facebook because when people are looking to buy something, they would make a search on Google and people on Facebook are there to kill time instead of to shop. 

Cat Gift Shop www.catcatworld.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Facebook and Google adwords have their advantages and disadvantages.

Your product will decide which to use or both if you have the budget.

Still trying cold traffic sales is waste on both,  you will need big budget and high margins to win.

It is better to use retargeting and remarketing to get sales at low cost.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

Hey Rhonda,

Are you retargeting the traffic from Google Ads? If not, you might be losing out on several potential sales.

But you might not always need to resort to paid advertising as your first go-to option. If you're running a store that sells niche products, you could target Facebook groups and pages related to this niche, and engage with people there. This won't cost you a cent.

For example, if your store was selling merchandise related to some TV show or movies like Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, etc, you could join a bunch of fandom groups on Facebook and start interacting with the members there. This is a good practice for getting initial traction and understanding your target audience better.

Once you have a more concrete idea about the interests / behaviour of your target audience, you'll be able to create better ad sets. This will bring in more relevant traffic and you'll increase your conversions.

Can I ask how many visitors you are getting on a weekly / monthly basis on your store? Also, if you provide a link to your store, I might be able to offer some specific pointers about your ads and/or store.

Hit me up at kunal@pushowl.com if you want to talk about Shopify, Ecom, Marketing or pretty much anything under the sun!
0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

There are a few steps to check when it comes to Google Adwords. If you are not getting impressions, it means something is wrong with the keywords you have chosen. If you get impressions but not clicks, this means that people are not finding your ad copies to be relevant. If you are getting clicks but no sales, then it means there is an issue with your landing page or website. 

It may be the content of the page or the way the products on your site are showcased. Test your website yourself to make sure that it works properly. Especially test your checkout page to ensure there are no glitches. Use a screen recording tool like crazy egg or hotjar on your website to see what your visitors experience when they land on your pages. 

You may also want to check the search terms for these clicks to ensure there are no irrelevant search terms there. If there are, please add them as negative keywords. 

Good Luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Rhonda,

Google or Facebook ads have different approach and users using those websites have different behaviour. For example, when the customer is looking to buy something search is the the most frequently used channel. They buy with intention in the mindset.

As for Facebook, it's "connecting people" and keeping relationship with friends and relatives. The mindset and purpose is just different.

Moreover, if you drive traffic to your store the important thing to consider is the "landing page", it should be optimized for Google Adwords. You can take a look at PageFly Shopify page builder to build pages for ads.

❤️ Found my answer helpful? Please LIKE or Accept Solutions.
❤️Shopify Calculator - What's the Cost of a Shopify Store? Read More
0 Likes