Starting first facebook / instagram campaigns; any advice on my strategy?

Tourist
6 0 1

Some of these posts are absolutly incorrect information...  Please don't base your marketing on random posts inside a forum, otherwise you may end up following bad information and killing your business before it even started  :(

0 Likes
Tourist
20 0 2

Why get yourself a headache and loose money with fb ads when you can drive organic search traffic?

Let us do the work at 1/3 of real SEO agency ridiculous prices so you can focus on what matters the most which is your business.

https://seoproagency.myshopify.com/

Marc

CEO at Seoproagency

SEOproagency
0 Likes
4 0 0

My major bit of advice for FB ads is remember the marketing funnel! You need to create a different audience for each stage of the funnel. 

If a user has never seen your products or you website before, there is no purpose in serving them an ad that seeks to make a purchase. For example, offering free shipping to someone who has never heard of your brand makes no sense. Instead, new users should be introduced to your products and website through interesting content. I see that you sell fidget spinners. A short, well shot & edited video of fidget spinners would be a great ad to serve to an audience that has never heard of you before. 

If a user is plenty familiar with your brand, then you definitely want to hit them with ads that have a call to action, such as fidget spinners ship for free. You are going to get a lot more out of your ad spend if you serve different ads to different audiences. 

If you are unaware, you can create various audiences in your FB adverts account. For instance, you can create an audience that is solely composed of people who have subscribed to your newsletter, visited your website, and even added an item to their cart before abandoning. This is the audience to lure into a sale. 

Create different audiences based upon the consumers level of awareness of your brand. You'll get a lot more out of you ad spend this way. A major mistake is to serve the same ad to both you cold & warm audiences. 

Perhaps you already know all this, but if you don't, youtube videos & online articles about such topics have been a huge help for us. 

Cheers and good luck :)

0 Likes
2 0 0

here is my advice on facebook ads -- don't !!!! 

0 Likes
4 0 0

that's some really bad advice

0 Likes
1 0 0

Excuse me, I just wanna know which app you use for making this SALE tag under your products?

Good luck with your shop!

0 Likes
2 0 0

The most basic, yet important, piece of advice I can share is that your brand needs to be authentic. Don't create content just because. It's gotta align with your brand personality/story, and make sense to your consumer demographic. 

In regards to content, create original content to share - nothing overly promotional either. Make it interesting, entertaining. 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Jake, 

if you have customers already, try to retain them on Facebook with Fuzzy Labs service: 1) it is way cheaper, 2) revenue increases 3) they are satisfied and do WOM marketing.

We're going to make a great article in our blog soon providing evidence of how repeat purchases use to increase the more your customer buys. On the graph, you can see the number of purchases (horizontal axis) and the increase in % of revenue (vertical axis).

Repeat Purchase Probability

Fuzzy Labs provides automated advertisement product which helps e-commerce business to increase their existing customer purchase frequency (& thus revenue and ROI) by segmenting and reaching them on Facebook and Adwords.

Customers who have already bought something from you, be they even 1-time buyers, anyways, have a much better chance to be converted to purchase again, because they are already much more familiar with your offering as compared to a cold lead seeing your ad for the first time.

(!) Jake, the service will cost you nothing.

All the best, man.

Feel free to contact us at e.miliauskas@fuzzylabsresearch.com

Regards,
Maksim

0 Likes
Excursionist
72 0 8

Hey there,

When it comes to FB advertising, I find a lot of the issues come from targeting. You may think you're targeting the right audience, but a tiny mistake can waste hundreds of dollars. As Hugh said, take advantage of retargeting ads too. 

Here are my suggestions:

1. Understand your target market

You have to research your target market. Knowing the customer demographics helps you design ads based on target audiences. It can be pretty hard to know who your target market is, but machine learning apps on Shopify can automatically identify the best audiences for you.

2. Ad Design

You can design the ads yourself or work with an agency to develop them. They will design various types of ads, such as video ads, static image ads, full-page takeovers, animated images, and so on. Include a clear call to action (CTA) in your images to entice people into clicking on them. A CTA is basically a button that says Learn More, Buy Now, Sign Up Now, etc.

3. Optimization

There are many levels of optimization that help in producing the best results. The optimization techniques include:

• Testing ad frequency
  • Experimenting with the time of placing ads
  • Placing different ads to different people
  • Testing ads on various sites

4. Monitor performance

The final task is to monitor ad performance. Make sure the ads provide the desired outcome. If they aren’t meeting your goals, there is something wrong with the landing page, ads, or other things.

Shopify Facebook Ad & Display Ad Best Practices

Here are some best practices for Facebook and display ads:

• Use a strong product image
  • Add a promotion
  • Have a clear call to action (CTA)
  • Include your company logo
  • Add a strong headline
  • Instill a sense of urgency

Shopify Advertising App Recommendations

Pollen: Pollen enables you to acquire customers on Facebook and across the web simply and cost effectively. Through powerful automation, Pollen offers an easy-to-use marketing platform that’s sole expertise is in driving sales. It takes as little as 2 minutes to set up a campaign. Pollen takes care of the rest. It’s as simple as that! Time is money, so start your free 7 day trial today!

I wrote an in-depth blog post about this. You can read more here.

Put your Facebook Ads on Autopilot - http://gopollen.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
95 0 1

Glad you wrote this and great piece.

So check this out. A few weeks ago the head of the Facebook Auction made a presentation to our agency on this exact topic, and then again during a luncheon with top B2C brands at the local Facebook office.

Here’s an insight directly from the Facebook bidding expert himself:

"Auto Bid should only be used if you are unsure of the value of the action you are optimizing to. It will continue to achieve conversions regardless of the cost, this can be controlled with budget allocation. But the issue there is, when you try to scale, as you increase the budget, the bid will increase, again, looking for conversions at any cost.”

Thought it was worth mentioning. Hope that helps. We blogged more about it here: https://bit.ly/2L4XZPa

Later!

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes