Store - ads feels like i'm throwing money into a pit

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 4

Hey guys i've had my store for 2 weeks now and done a total of 8 sales. 

I've done facebook marketing which has been working out great - getting loads of engagements on my post which has 50k views and 50 shares 50+ likes and 60 comments.  

In the past two weeks i've had 440 visitors - 29 add to carts and 22 abandoned checkouts.

I've in total used 399 USD on ads and earned 80 usd through my store in total gross profit. 

SO as you can see the buisness case isn't there!! Even thought my ads are performing well. 

My question is, am i selling a stupid product? Maybe I should find something that appeals more to people..(it's a single product website)

Is my checkout process hard?

Anyhow here is my website: www.againstsnore.com

And yes I do take pride in doing my all to recover lost checkouts - sadly it hasn't worked out (even though i give 5 % discount)

Thank you for the help,

Mathias

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 4

This is my facebook - the only post on it is my add: https://www.facebook.com/NOMORESNORE/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 4

This is my facebook - the only post on it is my add: https://www.facebook.com/NOMORESNORE

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi Mathias,

Sorry to hear about your struggles with Facebook ads - it takes a lot of practice to master them :) Do you send traffic to your homepage or to your product page? The product page is more prone to convert traffic, as the homepage features the item at the bottom, so people have to do a lot of scrolling to get to it, while on the product page they can buy right away. As you have one product store, use it to your benefit, and design one page as a killer funnel landing page. See how to design funnel pages that convert.

Also, what's the strategy with ads, what are your campaign goals? Do you run retargeting ads as well?

Consider installing HotJar [free version] to monitor how people interact with your website and improve the areas where they click away, to catch the hesitant buyers.

Also - 5% off - really? And they still don't kill themselves over it? Come on... 

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 4

Hey Rockpapercopy :)

Thank you for your answer.

I'm sending everyone to my home page since i wanted to design it as a funnel. Maybe i failed in doing so!!

Here is my ad process: I ran 4 PBE ads on facebook to see what demographics engage with my ad, then i retargeted and did one more PBE ad for some days.

After that i made a conversion ad which targets the most sucseful audience from the PBE ads (narrowed down to 5 million people) the conversion ad focuses on check outs on the webpage. Everything is linked to my facebook pixel! :D  The plan is to use that for look a like audiences in the future.

Thank you very much and i'll defiantly check rockpapercopy out.

Mathias

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 3

You definitely aren't selling a stupid product. Snoring is so common and so frustrating that anything that can fix it has potential.

I do see that you are competing with Amazon who is carrying an identical product. People will choose Amazon because they are more likely to have a good experience than with a smaller store. I would suggest improving your sales pitch on the home page to answer why they should not just by the product, but buy it from you. 

1 Like
Highlighted

Howdy Mathias

The challenge of a one product site is if you don't sell them that one item, you have nothing else to sell them. However, you will need to spend more money before you see a sale odds are. All our ecom clients are using Facebook ads and some of them need closed to 100 add to cart / abandoned checkouts before they see a sale. Not everyone clicks on an ad today and buys today... they might wait a week. Just this past week a client got two sales from people clicking on their ad on Monday or earlier. The only reason I know this is because we paused that ad to update the creative for the summer 2019 season.

Are you running dynamic product ads? See below if you don't know what they are or how to set them up. That would be great to setup if you can, to help shows ads to the add to cart / abandoned checkouts group. Also, continue to test you creative images as that is going to make or break your success. Also, video is great but it's not the ad type that gets people to convert like it use to a few years ago. Statics and carousel ads on Facebook are where it is at these days. Continue to work on your creative images and test it until you find something that works.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything. Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel for your site too. That way you can track your sales. 

I would look at adding information on shipping, return/refund policy as well as changing your contact email to your domain on your site. This will help your site look more professional and make people trust you even more.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes