Store help

Highlighted
1 0 0
I am fairly new to the shopify fold and I am having difficulty pinpointing the flaws with my website. I am having an even bigger issue converting visitors to sales. Can anyone help?
www.nooneisbornwise.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
277 38 53

Hey, @D9!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Your site looks pretty cool. I don't fee that flaws in the appearance of the site are the reason that you might be having low conversions. Generally speaking, the appearance of the store is usually the last aspect that impacts sales. Here is a list of some things that normally impact conversions before aesthetics:

• Broad customer target
  • Wrong customer target
  • Landing page choice
  • Lack of brand awareness
  • Not enough quality content
  • Pricing & shipping
  • and others

For your store, I'd recommend taking a peek at your exact customer target first.

Target Market

Who is your customer and what do they like? If you've got a very narrow and refined target, you can put that to the test and make small adjustments to see who responds to your social posts or ads best. Here are 3 great guides I love to refer to for defining your customer:

Landing Page

Depending on how well your brand is known, the landing page to drive your traffic to your site is a key element to conversions. If your brand is well known and you have thousands of loyal followers that visit your site, this is where you can use the homepage anytime. However, if your brand is fairly new, this method will lose conversions more than it will gain customers.

If your brand isn't too well known, the best strategy is to link and drive your traffic to a specific product. Promoting specific products to your customers to get conversions is a better method to gain sales in the short term. You can grow your email list this way as well. A visitor that spends more time on a page viewing a product will be more likely to sign up for your email list to follow your company than a customer that lands on a busy homepage.

For the purpose of not overloading with too much information, I think this might be a great amount to start with. I do have a link to another post on our Community here that has a few other common areas that merchants usually improve on.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes