Hi, just sent you an email. Do you know if this happens on other ecommerce platforms? I manage quite a few stores on Shopify, and only 2 of them have not been approved.
Thanks for the email, I've responded. It can happen with any platform, but it does seem to be more common with Shopify, and more common than it was even a year ago.
What do you require in order to fix?
Hi Lauri- I request limited access (products and apps, and blog if applicable) to Shopify. Then I go through your products and articles one by one and make recommendations in a spreadsheet.
Here is what one current client had to say this morning after I did that yesterday:
The actions he's referring to are actually pretty easy, he just had a lot of them. He finished it this afternoon.
Then I have you review your Fb and instagram posts using the same criteria, and I check them after you've updated them to make sure everything is good to go.
Then, I need to be added to your Business Manager as a Partner, and assigned to your FB page, Ad account, and IG profile. That gives me the authority I need to speak with facebook on your behalf.
Hope this helps.
I'm also having trouble with Instagram approving product tagging. I set up the Facebook shop no problem, not sure what the issue is with Instagram.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hi @liteworkwatches - you can send me an email to get help. put "Shopify + Instagram" in the subject line so I can filter it from going to spam.
I can see a lot of people have been experiencing this issue and I've spent a few days finding the answer.
1. You first need to make sure your Instagram account is converted to a business account
2. Then link your Shopify and Facebook account using Facebook Pixel
3. From Facebook Business Manager set up your product catalogue from the 'Catalog Manager'
4. The new Product catalogue on Facebook Business Manager will have a menu to manage 'Use Cases', select Instagram shopping from there
5. On the Instagram app you will need to select the menu and then 'Settings' (with the cog icon)
5a. From the new menu select 'Business'
5b. Agree to the Instagram/Facebook terms for products - Obviously making sure your site and products adhere to them.
Hopefully I've made the instructions as straightforward as possible.
They worked for me and I can now tag products on Instagram. I have no contacts at Facebook.