Store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging [REASONS WHY?]

2 0 0

How would you get me approved?

0 Likes
Tourist
38 0 2

@Sedonarain wrote:
That would be great. Please take a look at my store and read what I have. They tell me I can’t make health statements or say what my teas are intended for. Https://dancing-tea-leaf.myshopify.com.

I took a look at your store, and yes - your health claims place you deep into "health supplement" territory, which is no-mans-land in the facebook merchant universe. Not only your descriptions, but the product titles, too.

There are ways to say what you're wanting to say, while complying, but it requires a lot more thought than I can give here.

0 Likes
Tourist
38 0 2

@carpotato wrote:

How would you get me approved?

Hey carpotato - I've answered this a lot by email, so I've pasted one of those responses here:

The process basically involves me checking your store content, products, descriptions, etc. 

Then I make some recommendations for things you need to add/remove/hide before I "go into battle".

Same thing for your Facebook page and instagram profile.

Once all that's done, I go to them on your behalf and go through the conversations and escalations necessary to get it fixed. The last one took 6 days and about 15 hours of my time.

Yours might take more or less, based on the number of products in your catalog and where they fall in relation to Instagram's policies.

My fee is partially guaranteed. So, if I do all the work and Instagram finds some reason to not approve you still, that's out of my control, but you still get a partial refund from me. Not a whole one, because I guarantee I've done everything I could as your advocate.

About me: I've been in eCommerce on and off for myself since 2001. Started running Facebook ads in 2011. Started creating Shopify stores and Facebook campaigns for clients in 2015.

Through all that, I've spent a lot of money with FB and I've spent a lot of time getting things appealed/approved through their support channels. As you now know, it's tough to get anything accomplished. I've learned what to say, how to say it, and what answers from them I won't accept, etc. to get things done. I know the platforms very well, so I can challenge them with confidence and get them to actually work on something rather than the usual trained responses.

Feel free to email me daniel@growmeow.com with "Shopify + Instagram" in the subject line.

0 Likes
Excursionist
17 1 6
How exactly do you "go to them on our behalf"? There is no way to contact
anyone from Facebook or Instagram... That is unless you have a friend that
works there, or some other inside method not available to everyone else.

##- Please type your reply above this line it -##
0 Likes
Tourist
38 0 2

@jvschro wrote:
How exactly do you "go to them on our behalf"? There is no way to contact
anyone from Facebook or Instagram... That is unless you have a friend that
works there, or some other inside method not available to everyone else.

##- Please type your reply above this line it -##

I have direct support. So you would add me through business manager.

I don't know how many people have direct support, and I don't know exactly how Fb qualified me for it. I once asked a support rep about it and he didn't even know for sure. I can only guess it's based on history on the platform. Length, volume of ad spend, campaigns run, accounts I'm responsible for, relevance scores, etc. 

Anyway, I signed in one day and I had it. I also know there's a tier above what I have, where I can talk to the same person every time. Hoping to get that someday.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1
I tried the step by step method twice and still not eligible. I have an approved Facebook store. So damn frustrating!!!!
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1
Didn’t work for me 😞. Nobody ever answers from Instagram.
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1
Don’t hold your breath. I’ve spent numerous hours on phone and emailing Shopify with this issue...months actually. STILL NO RESOLVEMENT. All they keep telling me is “Unfortunately, Instagram is not good about responding.”
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1
Ditto. If Shopify doesn’t help rectifying this issue soon, I’m ditching them. So done.
0 Likes
Tourist
38 0 2
I’ve done it...

Shopify can’t help you though.
1 Like