Store not showing up in Google?

Highlighted
1 0 1

Harsh but this the Lorax's advice  is the best advice you've gotten so far.

The BIGGEST mistake anyone who opens a new website/store makes is thinking that you're going to some how launch, get to the first page of google and make lots of money.

It CAN happen if you find a niche with no competition on your keywords or create your own niche all-together. 9.5 times out of 10, this is NOT the case.

When launching a new company/website/store you always have to expect that you're going to need to INVEST heavily in advertizing and branding through as many channels as you can. If you can't invest heavily with money, you'll need to invest heavily with time. There is no way around it. There is no short-cut execept for some very lucky people.

I can assure you, unless you're paying an SEO wiz  or company to employ some specific tactics for you, there's little you'll be able to do  yourself to make a huge difference. Most of what you read around the web are foundational recommendations and you need to do it anyway to compete but remember that EVERYONE follows these tutorials. They're not going to put you at the top of Google. They're just going to set you up so that you can at least rank.

The "secret" to launching a successful business (regardless of the platform used)

1. Develop a compelling product or offer
  2. Build a brand and/or story behind the product
  3. Nurture a community with a strong affinity for your brand/product
  4. Provide a place where your products/service can be purchased
  5. Provide amazing customer service
  6. Work freally fricking hard.
  7. ???
  8. Profit

Notice that the store/website is actually #4 on my list.

How you choose to do #2 & 3 is up to you. Some people create forums, some use social media, some support a cause (eg: toms, ivory ella), some blog, some use influencers. (the most successful use all of the above).

Using Ebay, Amazon, Etsy, and the like can help you circumvent this a bit because people who go to those sites are a captive audience but using those selling channels present their own problems.

1. You have to abide by their rules.
  2. They almost always side with the customer, even if the customer is being dishonest
  3. Fees cut into your profits and can get quite out of hand, especially in the case of Ebay
  4. You still have to figure out how to optimize your listings to come up in searches
  5. Competion is even more fierce and there is little to no loyalty to individual stores

You can safely ignore everything that has been posted in this thread. Including the advice from Shopify reps. It's actually in your best interest to do so.

1 Like
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi Gigaspike,

Thank you very much for the answer. It's nice to see comments like this.

Kind regards,

Sean.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 5

I can sell $5,000 a month on Amazon without even trying, shipping only 2 days a week.

In the same month, without trying, I can sell $200 on Shopify, and $600 on Ebay.

I don't have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or any of that nonsense.

I do not coddle an audience.  I do not give 2 squirts about Google rank.

Amazon is God.  

It's all you need if your product is quality and desired, and you have good business sense.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Ahahah!!! This has made my night. No mamby pamby stuff. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 2

Hi,

start doing seo it will help you to increase the page ranking.

[URL=http://www.fatfishstore.com]Corporate tshirt and customized hoodies, Sports Jerseys[/URL]
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Please  my  store  is not  showing  on Google  

@Vishal-Patel wrote:

Hi Sean Cowie,

Just wait for sometime and you'll be there in google SERP for your brand name.

I agree with Tony's suggestion, Go to Google Webmaster Tools and select your targeted country.

I would suggest to start work on SEO as well on your website.

Cheers,

Vishal Patel

0 Likes