Submitting Sitemap to Google

13 0 0

Hi all! Hope you are having an amazing day so far!

I have recently just launched my web and wanted to submit my sitemap to Google. However, the status keeps on reflects as 'Couldn't fetch'. May I know if anyone encountered the same issue? Or do I have to wait a while more before the sitemap can be successfully submitted to Google?

Hope to hear from you guys soon. Cheers!

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2374 163 342

Hi Yongyu, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. Once your sitemap has been submitted it can take up from 48 up to 72 hours for it to go through. It normally doesn't take that long, but that's the general time Google gives. 

Shopify has a great help guide on how to find and submit your sitemap which you might find useful here. Even to re-trace your steps and make sure you did everything properly. You can see the guide and all the steps here

Don't hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about anything. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

hey Yongyu Pan,

I think you are selecting fetch & render option while submitting your website. isn't it?

Pay stubs Online| Create a Pay Stub | Free Printable Pay Stubs Online @ online-paystubs
0 Likes
13 0 0

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply. I have followed the link which you have provided above. However, after a few days, the status still shows as 'Couldn't Fetch' in the new Search Console, and the status remains as 'Pending' in the old Search Console. May I know if you would have any solutions to this? Hope you will be able to help me with this, thank you so much!

0 Likes
13 0 0

Hi John-Smith, I only submit my site in the New Search Console, the status remains as 'Couldn't Fetch', I did not use the fetch and render option though. Would you have any solutions to this issues? Hope that you will be able to help me with this, thank you so much!

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2374 163 342

Hi Yongyu, 

That is quite strange. Did you submit the sitemap again? Sometimes re-submitting the entire process and sitemap again helps rectify the issue. If you have already done that and it is still saying this, then it must be something causing this. Google support has a page with information and why Google might not crawl or index some of the pages in your store which you can see here. Hopefully, that support page can shed some light on why this might be happening for you. 

Cheers, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Yongyu, what is the domain you have verified in GSC where you are tring to submit the sitemap? And then is this exact URL publicly accessible?

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
39 0 6

@Nick wrote:

Shopify has a great help guide on how to find and submit your sitemap which you might find useful here. Even to re-trace your steps and make sure you did everything properly. You can see the guide and all the steps here

Don't hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about anything. 

All the best, Nick

I've followed the instruction to create a sitemap but come up with an error message below and that is all I get. Help will be appreciated. Thanks

Capture Sitemap.JPG

Definition of Rugby - Do your best to kill the opponent with the ball then buy him a beer afterwards.
0 Likes
Excursionist
25 0 5

This is still an issue, the current documentation from Shopify is not working. Like others have posted I get an error "couldn't fetch" and "Sitemap could not be read"

Notice that the detected Type of sitemap shows as unknown. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 6.52.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-18 at 6.53.06 PM.png

0 Likes

If you don't mind, could you send us the link of your website?

0 Likes