Subscription Service Packaging

Aaron12
9 0 0

Hi all, I'm working on launching a subscripion box service for nutrtion bars, www.fitbarbox.com , and I'd like to get your input on packaging.  Since the business is 100% online, one of the primary touchpoints with the customer is packaging.  I'm struggling to find a good option for how to either brand it or make it my own without getting crushed by the cost of custom printing boxes.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  I've been back and forth on maybe trying to create a custom stamp with my logo, a vinyl sticker (which I think could look tacky), or maybe just using a plain box and trying to do something unique on the inside to add a personal touch - I've even tried using transfer paper to apply a logo image to a box but that didn't go so well.  If anyone has any suggestions, that would be amazing! 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Mel_O1
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
208 0 31

Hi, Aaron!

I’m Melissa, a Shopify Guru.

Getting customs boxes made can become quite expensive very quickly. Instead of a plain brown box, you would maybe get a solid color box to use as this would look really good and make more of a statement for the start of a good unboxing experience. 

I also think the sticker is a great idea to add the boxes. It is also a great option with starting out as you can test the market too with some custom stickers to maybe gauge customers reaction to different branded stickers and placement. It also shows your loyal customers have a chance to engage with you as a brand and let them be a part of the design process as you grow the brand.

So that in the future when you have gained a larger following you could then go ahead and get the custom boxes printed. The look of the box is very important but a lot of the customers experience lies within the unboxing of the products so this is where you can focus to entice the customer and delight them. Items like a little promo sample, a hand written note, some cool tissue paper can make all the difference too.

Here are some great articles from the Blog that may help you in making some design decisions and other ways to help and engage your customers with the unboxing experience:

Hope this information helps! You can reach out to the Guru team https://docs.shopify.com/support  if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Melissa | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Aaron12
9 0 0

These are great resources, thank you!

0 Likes
SimpShip
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hey Aaron,

I'm not sure if you still need assistance with this but if you do then our service would be a great fit for your business!

Pay-Per-Order custom packaging! 

Check us out here: www.simpship.com

Kind regards,

The SimpShip Team

0 Likes