Sudden sales drop on Facebook

Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello! I sell my products from my online store. Often happens that a product stops selling for 1-2 days. Optimization goes on the sales pixel, or on the pixel of the addition to the cart. The price of the lead is automatic. Before that sales can be stable a month or even more... I see clearly that facebook changed on its side, I do not change anything at all. And for 1 day the demand for the goods does not fall, this does not happen. Score of the ad is also perfect its 8-10 points. It remains only the facebook. Question: Tell me how to get the company back to sales . What should be done? For example, stop and restart the campaign after 1 day? Did not help ... Create a new company? or 5 companies? Thank you for spending time with my question!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
95 0 1

Tough break, feel for ya!

Facebook has a ton of misconceptions, so be careful. My two cents:

What you see isn’t what someone else gets

The way you see an ad is not how everyone else may be seeing an ad. Facebook can automatically optimize a carousel ad to show the photo that is currently performing the best first. The same ad can also be used across different ad sets or targeting.

Meaning, in one ad set, the photo with the highest CVR and CTR may vary per ad set. And so, let’s say you comment on a carousel ad about the name of the product in the third photo. Someone else's third photo will be entirely different. 

This is a crucial distinction for marketers and brands alike. Because some ads have a specific order. If you wanted to show the customer a particular sequence of pictures to build a narrative around a product or lifestyle, then it would make sense. But if you’re simply showing run of the mill product shots, you would certainly optimize it to hit the right person at the right time.

We write about this in detail on our blog: https://bit.ly/2sJ0gYq

Hope that’s useful!

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi ALian,

I've helped manage over $500,000/mo in Facebook spend for large online publishers and have some experience in this area.

It's possible for campaigns and adsets to "go stale" after certain period of time; I've only seen a few campaigns that are evergreen. In the past I've mitigated changes in FB optimization be duplicating campaigns and adsets as the performance starts to drop. This seems to give the campaigns new life, though it doesn't work 100% of the time.

Also if you pause campaigns, that tends to decrease performance. 

Hope that helps!

- Adam

Adam is the co-founder of Postscript.io, an SMS Marketing platform for Shopify
0 Likes