Suggestion on Marketing Campaign and Apps

SWAY1
8 0 0

Hi guys,

Any feedback on the following plan that I have? I'm new at this so any feedback is welcome! I have steady visits but sales are just not there. Also, if you can suggest which app(s) can do all these, I'd greatly appreciate it. I currently use Shopify basic, Mailchimp, Smile, Kit, Recharge.

For those without an account:

1. Exit intent popup: Message about “exiting so soon?” Display unique coupon code in exchange for newsletter sign up. Triggered when a visitor with no existing account exits the site.
  2. Abandon cart popup: Message about their carts. Display unique coupon code in exchange for newsletter sign up. Triggered when a visitor with no existing account abandons their shopping cart.
  3. Sticky banner or popup: display coupon code in a header, footer or popup that remains visible as the visitor scrolls up or down the page.
  4. Redisplay at checkout: When a visitor redeems a coupon and goes to check out, redisplay the coupon on the checkout page with the code in prominent text. Make the display sticky, so the code is visible when the customer is prompted to enter it.

For those who already has an account:

1. Abandon cart: Manually send out follow up emails. Possibly send out coupon code (how to generate unique coupon code?).
  2. No purchase: Send out emails with coupon code (how to generate unique coupon code?).
  3. Already purchased: Send out follow up email to request product review and inform them of Referral Program.
  4. Order Reminder: Send out email to remind them of restocking after 2 months of last purchase. Remind them of Referral Program (or will this defer their purchases?)

Referral Program:

1. For every referral, the referred gets 20% off the first purchase. The referrer gets points which is redeemable as credits towards future purchases. No limit on how much referrer can earn.

Best,

Rebecca

0 Likes
Akanksha
Excursionist
42 0 6

Rebecca, your plan looks great :) How about marketing on social media. Holiday season is one of the best times to promote your products, discounts and offers. If it had been any other time, I would have suggested that you focus on content (which you're already doing), but starting now till Dec, everyone is in the buying mode.

And they are hunting for discounts. So no matter what type of offer, promote it heavily on social media. You have over 7 k fans on Facebook. That's a healthy audience size. Don't forget to use holiday templates or designs for your promotions. Such designs do a better job of capturing attention.

I know this is a crazy busy time for you and designing posts might not be anywhere near the top of your lost, which is why I'd suggest that you try OrangeTwig for your offers and discount promotions. All you need to do is create a campaign and select your products and dates and you're all set. Your posts will go out automatically. You won't have to come and do it everyday. 

Here are some sample designs: 

And many more. You can try OrangeTwig for FREE from here: OrangeTwig 

Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help. 

- Akanksha 

P.S - You can also ask specific marketing questions here: SellerSuccess Facebook Group. Great tips here as well. 

https://goo.gl/iyAqha
0 Likes
Mike_Anderson1
Tourist
41 0 2

I remembered there are also a topic about apps and marketing strategy. You should search around Shopify forum before asking. I just read this article, there are some apps that have the same function that you mentioned above: www.sellersmith.com/blogs/shopify/free-shopify-marketing-app-for-bfcm?utm_source=U2hvcGlmeUZvcnVt&ut...

Brand assistance @ DRT.com
0 Likes
Pollen
Excursionist
72 0 8

Hey Rebecca,

I remember helping you out in a previous thread and it looks like you've made a lot of great changes.

To get started with marketing, here’s what I like to call my Super Awesome Shopify Marketing Checklist. I’d focus on the 6 channels below:

Display Advertising on Facebook and across the Web

Display advertising includes boxes, banners, interstitial ads, overlays, video ads, and other similar ads that link to a landing page. These ads are placed on Facebook, relevant blogs, forums, and other third-party websites. These ads cost money, but can be a valuable addition to your marketing efforts if your targeting is nearly perfect. There are Shopify apps that do a great job of handling FB ads for you.

Email Marketing

Collect the emails of visitors to your site so you can nurture them. How effective is email marketing? This study shows that marketers can enjoy an ROI up to 4300% if they manage to do it right. Many marketers use email marketing to boost their sales.

Google AdWords Pay-Per-Click Advertising

Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC) is another popular form of digital marketing. The advertiser basically pays a fee each time someone clicks the link on an ad. It’s a way to buy visitors visitors, instead of earning them organically.

study shows that businesses earn $2 on average for every dollar spent on Google Adwords (a 2x ROI). Here are the steps to get started with PPC advertising.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO)

SEO is one of the best marketing channels period, but it takes time to see results. It’s a long term project that can bring in more website traffic and sales than you ever dreamed. There are tools to help you with SEO like SEMrush. I’m not affiliated with SEMrush in any way, I just think their product is amazing and I’m a huge fan.

Learn about some of the basic terms including title tag, meta description, header tags, ALT tags, internal links, etc.

Social Media Marketing (SMM)

Social media marketing is one of the most phenomenal digital marketing methods to enhance brand awareness. There are over 2.4 billion social media users all over the world, and you can utilize popular social media platforms to reach potential customers from all over the world. Market your business on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.

Influencer Marketing

“Influencer Marketing” is the new buzz word among marketers. This digital marketing method involves hiring influencers, people with a strong fan base on various social media platforms, to promote their brands, offers, and products. As I’ve said previously, influencer marketing is fantastic for building brand awareness, but don’t rely on it to drive sales.

A recent study reports that the no. of brands that are hiring influencers are increasing. You may also want to experiment with influencer marketing to boost your brand awareness.

Hope this helps!

Put your Facebook Ads on Autopilot - http://gopollen.com
0 Likes