Syncing additional customer data fields from to MailChimp

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi All,

I'm currently setting up my store and have decided to use MailChimp for my email marketing. My website is a wedding website and I want to use MailChimp to send out Wedding Reminder emails to people signed up to my mailing list based on the date of the wedding. Eg. 9 months to go, 3 months to go, 2 weeks to go etc.

I can do this using MailChimps Automation feature, however to achieve this I need to capture my customers wedding date when they sign up to my mailing list or create a customer account.

I have worked out how to do this for mailing list sign up via a customised embedded MailChimp SignUp Form, however this subscriber info just goes to MailChimp and does not appear in the Shopify Customer tab, as it would if I used the Shopify Newsletter Sign Up Form included in my theme (Debut). - Not ideal.

Is there a way to use the embedded MailChimp SignUp Form and get this data to sync to the Shopify Customer tab in my dashboard? Or a way to add an additional field to the Shopify Newsletter Sign Up Form included in my theme to capture wedding date which would then sync to MailChimp?

I would like to capture this info on the Customer Create Account Page. I have managed to add a tickbox to say they agree to marketing emails which feeds through to the Customer Page in my dashboard (using info here: https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/communication/get-consent-for-promotional-emails), I have also added and additional form field which captures wedding date and appends the info to the Customer Notes section in the dashboard (using instructions here: https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/communication/get-more-information-with-customer-regis...).

The new customer info automatically syncs with MailChimp - however the new Wedding Date Field does not. How do I get this to sync, or is there a betterway of capturing this info?

I would also like to capture this info if a customer signs up to an account after checkout - but I have no idea how to do this, any ideas would be appreciated?

Am I approaching this in the right way?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Zoe

2 Likes
3 0 0

Hey there!

I’m writing this email today to discuss a great marketing opportunity with the person that handles Digital Media!

My name is Angelo Aguiar, I am the CEO and founder of Hyperion Marketing Solutions. . I have just aligned with Shopify and it’s operators to help the Shopify business owners get to he next level, we came across your business in the Shopify Forums and were referred to you by Alex Shopify Guru. We are a new Digital Marketing Company based out of San Diego CA. Although the Hyperion entity is new, our team as been in the industry for a combined decade of experience

I  would like to offer you our services , absolutely free of charge.  Just for a testimonial or referral and the advertisement budget of your choice. 

Our services generally cost anywhere from $1,500 - $15,000 a month, and I would like to offer you our package for absolutely free and guarantee that we will increase your monthly revenue and clientele by a minimum 35% in just 30 days. All we ask for in return is a testimonial on how we helped you and how you felt about our customer service. (Marketing Industry’s customer service is a disaster) We are offering this package to a total of 10 referred Shopify businesses that we’ve researched that have a quantity of specific attributes that we believe we can expand on and grow the revenue, clientele and business exponentially. 

Now a couple of the other businesses we have selected for this service thought this could look like spam, or a scam itself. Although we completely understand that there a millions of scam artists online and millions of fake businesses, we assure you this is not one of them . We are happy to answer any questions or provide any proof you may need, as we did with the other clients. 

The package we would like to offer you is our Mass Email Marketing and Social Media Marketing Package. ($2,500 monthly value)

Again, we have just connected with the Shopify team and are choosing a select few Shopify businesses to help and fortunately Hyperion feels we can help your business immensely and we instantly fell in love with your brand. There are a few aspects we review when qualifying these Shopify Businesses and your ECOMMERCE store meets all the qualifications. 

If this is something that may interest you please call me at 858-774-1164, if I don't answer within 3 rings please understand that I am in a meeting or in a conference call, please text me your information and/or leave a voicemail and I will reach out within the hour. If you would rather email we can set up a better time to discuss strategies in emails.

Angelo Aguiar, Digital Marketing Professional CE

CEO || Hyperion Marketing Solutions 

T: 858-774-1164

www.hyperion-marketingsolutions.com

Call Us Today to learn how we will improve your business’s monthly revenue by 35% within 30 days or your money back, we will even pay you for your time if our promises are not achieved. We know how valuable your time is.

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hello,

Did you managed to figure this out?

Thanks

1 Like
2 0 0

Also wanted to bump this and see if there was a solution. I used this technique (links to Shopify help page) to add custom data fields (gender, age, etc) to my Shopify account creation form. It stores this additional data as a "Customer Note." I'm trying to figure out how to get MailChimp to pull in this data. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Also wanted to bump this and see if there was a solution. I used this technique (links to Shopify help page) to add custom data fields (gender, age, etc) to my Shopify account creation form. It stores this additional data as a "Customer Note." I'm trying to figure out how to get MailChimp to pull in this data. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi,

I am trying to do something similar. Were you able to figure this out?

Thanks,

Vishal

0 Likes
1 0 0

No, didn't manage to do it :(

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi Zoe,

The technical term for these extra fields is 'MetaField' - see https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/liquid/objects/metafield

That page has a link to a list of apps that manage these MetaFields. As far as copying/syncing the fields over to MailChimp, I'm not sure, other than knowing the MailChimp app doesn't do it. Maybe you could take a look at the MetaField apps to see if one does?

I have an app that adds data to the Customer but I pull the fields all out into a CSV file and then import that into MailChimp for marketing purposes.

0 Likes