Tagging Gift Cards on Instagram

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

My client regularly tags his products on Instagram, even newly-added ones. We recently upgraded his account so we could offer Gift Cards but the listing is not available for IG tagging. Does anyone else have experience with this?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 27 26

Hi @branded_in_ink ,

Dani here from Shopify.

This is a great question! Gift Cards are actually restricted from being sold on Instagram and Facebook. You can take a look at their policy on this here. In this case, you would need to use the caption of your photo in order to bring attention to your gift card products.

How have you and your client found the Instagram sales channel so far? Do you find that this is the best marketing strategy for the business, or do you find another platform the best for driving sales? If you're interested, we have a great free course on Instagram Marketing taught by an industry expert! I'd recommend taking a look through to see if there is some information you may find useful to increase conversions.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes