Tags on blogposts - are these just for organising or do they act like hashtags on Instagram?

Highlighted
5 0 0

Self explanatory really - should I be getting more creative with the blog post tags on my site? I get much more interaction on Instagram and even Twitter because of the hashtags I've researched there, but I haven't applied this to my Shopify blog (which may be running a version of the same article). I'm well established, looking to make it easier for people to find my content.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 86

Hey, Jules!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

When it comes to blog posts, the function of tags is more for categorization throughout the entire blog rather than the ability to search and contribute on the web. You can find more information about tagging your Shopify blog posts here

That said, you can definitely use the blog post meta data instead to make it easier for potential customers to find you. 

Take a look and let me know if there's anything else we can lend a hand with! Our Guru Team offers 24/7 live support as well: https://help.shopify.com/questions. 

Happy selling!
Savannah

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
107 1 27

Hi Jules,

Tags also play a small part in SEO - so you need to select them wisely anyway! :)

Cheers!

For FREE advice or projects, please email me directly on: hamza@xperteria.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi, I have used tags to organize my blog posts on Shopify but they ended up creating new urls that are now considered duplicate content by Google. 

After checking Google Search Console I realized that Google indexed the blog/tagged instead of blog/postname 

If I delete the tags will that fix the duplicate content problem? 

Thank you very much! 

0 Likes