Testing Different Audiences on Facebook

Solved
Lloydy95
17 0 0

I am wanting to test 3 different Facebook Audiences - with different interests but all targeting the US.

Should I do this all under one campaign and make different ad sets with these audiences? Will there be any audience overlap from doing this?

Thank!

0 Likes
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2785 175 466

Dear Lloydy95,

You can try it as 3 different Ad group in 1 campaign 

0 Likes
iq200
Shopify Partner
32 3 11

This is an accepted solution.

Create 1 campaign and 3 ad sets under that campaign. Don't worry about overlap.

0 Likes
Lloydy95
17 0 0

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3769 356 740

Hi @Lloydy95,

Nick here from Shopify. Great questions, Facebook marketing is difficult at the best of times! 

What I've found is successful and works is to have your first few FB ad campaigns being based around finding the right audience for your products; this is going to take a bit of testing, but it is an essential part of any campaign. There’s a technique known as the 3x3x3 method that’s a pretty good way of doing this. You start out with 3 ads, 3 different audiences and 3 sets of copy/images with a small budget for each, then monitor the results for each variable. You’ll notice some ads will perform better than others. This is when you can drop off the less successful ads and raise the budget for the more successful ones, to reach that key audience. It’s worth sitting down with a couple of guides & tutorials before you start, to give yourself a better idea for this. You can see the tutorial I like for this here

Are you doing any other kind of marketing right now also or mainly Facebook and social media?

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog