Testing Structured Data and Getting Errors On All Products

Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 1

Went to Google  to use the Structured Data Testing Tool and I am getting errors on all products.

This is the error: 

fn missing and required

Rich Snippets error: missing required field “name (fn)” when “fn” is defined.  I have no idea what that means...

What am I doing wrong when listing my products?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
183 0 8

Hello,

Christine here from the Shopify Guru team - thanks for reaching out!

I had a look at one of the product pages in your storefront. I noticed that the structure of the url is not a standard url structure that is automatically created in Shopify themes. This may suggest that you are currently using a third party theme not developed by Shopify.

If this is the case, you may want to reach out to the theme developer to see if they are able to shine any light on reasons that you may be receiving the errors in the Google Structured Data Testing tool. 

All free themes in the Shopify Theme Store are themes that are developed by Shopify and we are therefore able to support.

Thanks for your question! Let us know if you need anything else. We are just a click away!

Cheers,
Christine 
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Christine,

I would like to make sure my product pages are set up with structured data. I also used the Google Structured Data Testing tool and got the below error:

name A value for the name field is required.

I use the brooklyn theme. Are the Brooklyn theme's products pages already set up for structured data? Thanks!

Ian

0 Likes
1 0 0

I use the Debut theme (Shopify developed) and having the same error (name field value error)...how can i fix this!?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 0 0

I use the Providence theme and am getting the same errors. 

Here is the problem code for one of the items.

<article class="hproduct product-448787701 color-by-number-with-markers-happy-holidays" data-url="/products/color-by-number-with-markers-happy-holidays" data-variant-count="2">

What is the roblem? How do I fix it?

Thanks

0 Likes