The Proper Way to Update an article

14 0 0

Hello Shopifier,

Regarding SEO, I will start blogging before starting my Store, I want to ask about updating articles after starting the store and have products pages:

1. If I have an Image in the article for any kind of T-shirt for example (From Flickr), Can I remove this image and put one om my Product Image and link it to Product Category Page?
  2. Can I add Internal links to Products Category Pages and Products Pages in an Older Article (Article is Exist before the Product Page)?
  3. Can I add Internal links to newer article on relevance keyword? (I new adding links from New to OLD is OK, but what about From OLD to NEW)?

That's all, Thanks in advance

0 Likes

You are fine doing any of those.

Search engines come back regularly to your pages so if you make any changes to the page, they'll notice the updates.

Eric Davis | Little Stream Software | Shopify apps to increase your repeat customers | http://www.littlestreamsoftware.com/apps/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
36 0 5

Agree with what @Eric mentioned. Do note that updating is primarily about new content ( Links is a small part of it ) While you are changing these links on the blog, consider adding some content as well. Updated content acts a great signal for the search engine.

iZooto.com - Web Push Notifications for E-Commerce, Bloggers and More
0 Likes
14 0 0

Thanks Eric, but do I need to mention that I made an update?

0 Likes
14 0 0

Thanks Vivek, but it won't be links olny, I will remove photos and add my photos with links to product category page.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
36 0 5

New photos is great. As a hygiene check, dont't forget to add alt tags and description for this content. 

iZooto.com - Web Push Notifications for E-Commerce, Bloggers and More
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1056 0 108

Yes, that should be perfectly fine.

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes