The absolute best no-gimmick way to get TRAFFIC?

Highlighted
38 0 0

Hello all!

So over the past few months, I have been putting a lot of time into getting my marketing efforts dialed in. Trying to learn SEO, Facebook ads, etc. The majority of my traffic is organic coming from Instagram. The majority of FB ads I have run have had little to none ROI, I've tried the Kit app with little to no ROI, and I am sort of at a loss to do this correctly. So help is appreciated!

I am usually averaging about 30-40 visitiors a day, and I want to add some zeros to those numbers. Simply put, if you had to give a crash course to someone looking to get a massive influx in traffic, and the RIGHT traffic at that, what is the absolute best no BS way to get GOOD traffic in large amounts?

If you would like to critique my site, to let me know if there is anything I need to change/optimize to get more sales, conversions, etc. the link is here

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 117 353

tldr; get a professional local consult|agency, if your not an expert in something and it's business critical with current methods failing, why are you doing it?  Crash-courses are gimmicks*. If ads == no traffic then the ads are bad quality.

Seo,Analytics and tuning aside:

Quality content, planning, effort, time and budget.

Quality content - doesn't matter if you personally think its' good. social validation. how easy is it for people to talk about the offerings. The quality applies to the offering,imagery ,writing, etc. 

Planning - how far into the future are things planned for, where along the calendar do the low level details begin to fade. How much data is collected,parsed and understood to get traffic versus something like spurts of creativity. Who is doing the planning expert or non-expert?

Effort - how much energy is being wasted on things that don't work, what tools|services have been put in place for things like automation,analysis. Do you wear more hats than you should by not hiring people?

Time - is time being spent learning HOW to prove things work|don't-work, is time being wasted trying to learn a new system vs just hiring someone. 

Budget - Burn months and months of ad budget to no avail vs a 4 hour discovery|consult|review ?

Wanting to learn is all well and good but what is the business case that requires you to wear that hat?

Test this phrase to de-personalize the situation: "I have a first-year student managing the marketing for my business."

*forum advice is the oldest internet gimmick ;).

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Austin, 

Don't waste time and energy trying to learn a bunch of different traffic sources.

Throwing s**t at a wall and seeing what sticks is a sure way to burn through money with little return.

Your store will kill it if you can nail FB ads. The look, the story, and your products are excellent.

If I were in your position, I would laser focus 100% on getting a +ve ROI from FB ads.

If you get it working, you will be able to scale rapidly.

If you want me to dump my FB ads knowledge on you and help get some profitable campaigns set up, shoot me a message.

Good luck!

Rich

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I would love to get some help with facebook ads. My store is https://www.southernfinapparel.com

https://www.southernfinapparel.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Jason, Austin -

While there are definitely some digital marketing best practices (and no-nos) that you can figure out from the helpful posts on these forums and from Googling around a bit, I'd ultimately agree with Paul. It's kinda wishful thinking to believe that you can learn everything you need to know by yourself.

I've actually connected a few startups with successful digital marketing experts. These experts typically have years (sometimes a decade or more) of digital marketing experience. They could spend some time on the phone with you and give you some pointers if you'd like a low-engagement option, and if you like what you hear, you might even get them to run a campaign or two for you and see if the ROI is there.

Drop me a line if you'd like me to put you in touch -- I'm at simon@expertverse.co

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Jason, Austin -

While there are definitely some digital marketing best practices (and no-nos) that you can figure out from the helpful posts on these forums and from Googling around a bit, I'd ultimately agree with Paul. It's kinda wishful thinking to believe that you can learn everything you need to know by yourself.

I've actually connected a few startups with successful digital marketing experts. These experts typically have years (sometimes a decade or more) of digital marketing experience. They could spend some time on the phone with you and give you some pointers if you'd like a low-engagement option, and if you like what you hear, you might even get them to run a campaign or two for you and see if the ROI is there.

Drop me a line if you'd like me to put you in touch -- I'm at simon@expertverse.co

Simon

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Jason, Austin -

While there are definitely some digital marketing best practices (and no-nos) that you can figure out from the helpful posts on these forums and from Googling around a bit, I'd ultimately agree with Paul. It's kinda wishful thinking to believe that you can learn everything you need to know by yourself.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Jason, Austin -

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Jason, Austin -

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Jason, Austin -

0 Likes