The best time to post on Instagram is...

Explorer
137 0 17

Awesome, keep me posted on how it goes Tara!

Scott Luscombe www.thinksl.com scott@thinksl.com 905-550-5023
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Iconosquare is a fantastic app that shows your own follower engagement and compares it to yours so you can see if you are posting at the peak times that people are engaging. It analyzes your own Instagram account, so it couldn't be more customized to your needs.

0 Likes
1 0 0

@Thomas Matas III Maybe. Ever notice how there are a lot of ads for breakfast foods on network TV during the evening news that airs around dinnertime? People are working on their shopping lists for the following day (or later in the evening). They're not eating raisin bran at 6:00PM, but they're thinking about it. A coffee-related IG post might get attention really well during a post-lunch dip in energy, when people are thinking about coffee, but maybe not consuming it right at that moment.

0 Likes
Explorer
137 0 17

Hey Kate,

This is simply a time when people are most active on Instagram, so if you want to dip into the biggest pool of potential viewers and get on the feed when people are looking it's a great place to start.

My research comes from literally 100's of different articles read although some other people have chimed in with great references.

Although this is my new version of my site you can go here and I'll be trying to post as often as work allows to give insight into building brands http://www.makemyownproduct.com/blogs/news 

If you scroll through my Work section here http://www.makemyownproduct.com/pages/work you'll see that I've done a lot of great work for a lot of great clients and have even had the #1 seller on Groupon at one point.

There is a ton more to a brand than simply posting to social media and having an e-commerce site, much of the work I do is complete brand solutions, from initial design, to manufacturing, to distribution and marketing to end users, retailers and distributors.

Feel free to contact me any time, I'm sure some people here will vouch for how easy I am to work with.

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
scott@makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

0 Likes
3 0 0

I strongly recommend Onlypult for scheduled posting on instagram. You can do a lot for 12 bucks a month. It has a 7 day free preiod to try.

I also use followliker on medium settings to gain followers from competitors.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Not trying to be a dick but your makemyownproduct.com social media channels don't have 50K followers, you don't even have 100 Instagram followers and you don't sell anything for $3-$6. If I am mistaken I apologise but there is enough bogus information to sift through without you adding more to the pile.

0 Likes
Tourist
51 0 2

People are missing the point here. It's digital marketing bull. It's a great way to get people to believe. In my eyes, all it is, is a plug. I joined a company a couple of years ago and noticed that the company they were using for digital marketing LOVED a scare tactic. "ooo, if we do this, this can happen". "If we do that, we'll then have to do this". Yes, all of this is correct but it is also what you're paid for. So stop the whining and crack on with it before I get my mini violin out. I can't stand people being told rubbish, especially when its an opinion until proven otherwise. Okay, the technical side can be daunting, but you pick it up. Other than that, the only person who knows more about your business is... well... that's it. There isn't anyone. I appreciate that everyone is in this game to make money. But honest is the best policy afterall. 

Kate, is isn't just traffic that makes it "the best time" though is it. From your post, you seem to be on the same page as myself. Your traffic has always got to be targeted traffic. With instagram such a huge platform now, you are only going to work these things out for yourself. As you say, whether or not Scott has read 100's of articles. 

Instagram may be the busiest (in general) at these times however 90% of these viewers may not even be looking for what you are selling. 

I really don't care of the generality of the busiest instagram times. It makes no odds to me. What I need to know is when the busiest time is for me, my product and all in all my company. And the same should go for everyone else who has posted or posts on this thread. 

As per my second post, the statement given is a very bold or broad term. 

Because instagrams busiest day is "mainly" Wednesday. Does that mean the cocktail bar owner is only going to post on a Wednesday because that is when it is "best" to do so? No, he isn't. 

0 Likes
Explorer
137 0 17

Hey Kate, Ant, and Steve,

Here's the thing, it's a tip, and a best practice I use, although we post to numerous social feeds at all times of the day depending on the brand. We manage about 3 million social followers.

My new site www.makemyownproduct.com which I launched about 3 days ago is an extension of www.thinksl.com which I have been running since 2001. As you can see from the Social media streams it's extremely new, with about 5-6 posts, but plenty of engagement.

If you Google Scott Luscombe you'll see plenty of information on my work history, past accomplishments, etc., it's impossible to hide from a bad review online and if you can find something please post it here.

But the facts remain, when I was in 3rd year college I did an internship for Over Drive Design in Toronto, the owner there James Wilson told me I wouldn't be anything in terms of design, that was in 2001.

Since then I've won numerous product innovation awards for products like Nescafe's new bottle shape which is still in use more than a decade later, in 2014 Wallet Ninja rose to the #1 seller on Groupon and on average the products that I build personally or represent sell around 20 million units. 

That's correct, I don't sell anything for $3-6 on Make My Own Product, but I do own Dawg Grillz www.dawggrillz.com which is a test brand as a proof of concept. It launched in August 2015 and did $450 sales, in December we sold +$16,000, this month we've already exceeded December and should break $20,000 by the end of the week. That's all with having built up a small following of about 15,000 followers on Facebook, Instagram @dawggrillz and Twitter. Dawg Grillz is now distributed in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Spain, and Sweden and is in +300 retailers.

If you don't believe me or want to poke holes, please add references, because when you Google Scott Luscombe there is plenty of information. Give it a try.

All in all, I'm here to help, if you guys notice that what I say doesn't work for you and something else did, please share it, the more data the merrier.

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2

I market to mothers of young children, so my best times are around 6am, midday, and after 8pm...when the kids are asleep! 

0 Likes
Explorer
137 0 17

As stated Kate my findings are simply a sum total of A/B testing, experience, and research.

But since I'm more than happy to put my money where my mouth is, here's what I'll do for you Kate. I checked your website and saw that your social links head to Shopify and your site needs work. Let me redo it and manage it for you for 2 weeks and let me know if you notice a difference. You won't owe me a thing unless you decide to keep it.

Sound good?

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

0 Likes