The best time to post on Instagram is...

Highlighted
Explorer
128 0 17

...2am and 5pm, and mainly on Wednesdays.

I'm just full of insights and will post tips everyday, if I don't, remind me.

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
scott@makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

Scott Luscombe www.thinksl.com scott@thinksl.com 905-550-5023
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
51 0 2

How did you come to this conclusion, if you don't mind me asking? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
128 0 17

This source comes from Latergramme and has work for us, we have around 50k followers on our social channels and convert traffic at a rate of around $3-6/visitor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
51 0 2

And is this set to target certain tags so could be different between each niche?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
128 0 17

The best time to post on Instagram doesn't include specific hashtags from any specific industry.

Remember that as Instagram is allowing larger vertical images your written content should be brief with only hashtags to get people to your brand.

For example, if you have a specific brand for say gold costume jewelry there is no point #cat just to get into a bigger viewship. The reason is, yes, you may get more likes, but like having a Google Adwords and/or Facebook Ads campaign you're simply doing work for likes, you're not doing work for conversions.

Be specific, niches are what built the internet and niches can sell if you do it right.

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
scott@makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
51 0 2

Thanks Scott. I know exactly how it works this wasn't for me. It was for others as I'll be completely honest in saying that your statement seemed a little bold. 

For me, I would have thought Instragram would have been busier after work hours as people sit down in front of th TV and have a scroll through etc. But then, I don't have any statistics to back up a statement so it would only have been my view.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi Scott - are you referring to EST?  My audience is international.  I assume staggering posts for various target times is key.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

This isin't completely accurate. It does depend on the niche.  For instance if your a coffee brand you would want your posts during a peak time people are drinking (and posting about) coffee.  

Also you didn't mention what time zone you are referring to

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Scott, cool stats. Would you have a sample post/graphic to show how you go about converting IG visitors to sales/customers?

Thanks for sharing

Mark

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 14

Have to jump in with my 2 cents, the best posting times are based around the niche that you sell in as Thomas just mentioned. If your main demographic is teenage girls versus middle aged Women you are going to have very different posting times. 

We have 5 instagram accounts with over 250k followers and 2am and 5pm are not the best times for us to post. As the OP mentioned Latergram.me is an excellent tool to quickly find this out. 

Addionally I have to disagree with not adding bigger niche hashtags, by adding these additional tags you are more likely to be seen in bigger niches, therefore more likely to be folowed and gain new followers. There is an additional benefit to this as well, we have found our Instagram posts actually rank and get traffic organically for keywords that we have used in the post itself. 

Exciting times!

Kind Regards, 

Devon

http://www.bikiniluxe.com

Visit our Luxury Bikini and Women's Fashion Website, Featuring many highly sought after and limited edition pieces from around the world! http://www.bikiniluxe.com
0 Likes