The best time to post on Instagram is...

Highlighted
3 0 0

A/B testing is a method and could be applied to anyhting, like; e-mailing, social posting, etc.. I use it for e-mailing. I start sending 2 different templates to only 10% of my entire database, and whichever gets more click being is sent to the remaining 90% by the software. 

You could post the exact same content on different times to see the engagement, I guess. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
51 0 2

Scott, as Kate has mentioned already congratulations on your achievements but it has no value here. It sounds like you're writing a typical marketing book. 

You are probably right in saying you don't have a bad review. But then, why would someone give a bad review when they are being told what they want to hear? 

I am not poking holes. I am simply giving other startups the real, none sugar coated answers. Okay, you're insight could be helpful, but without giving a little more background information on this how can it be? Tell people how you came to this conclusion.

It isn't that I don't believe you. You can turn over $50,000 a month for all I care for. "Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity but cash is reality". It's the fact I have had enough of sugar coated answers and the constant upselling of services on the forum. Give something with some value and back it up with a little more information and all is fine.  

The best time to post on Instagram is between X and X and mainly on X day. Explain how you came to this conclusion. People will be more interested in how to find this information out than actually being told it. Why? Beause as already said they aren't all in the same market as you. Their times and days will be different depending on the market they are in. 

Posting the same content at different times. Do you mean leave it on there for a while, then delete it and repost it? As I really wouldn't want to post the same content over and over as it will probably do the reverse and people will think its going to be all the same content. "Unfollow". 

I recently built a new brand called Dawg Grillz which can be view on www.dawggrillz.comand on Instagram @dawggrillz . I personally manufacture, design and package this line of products myself. The reason for looking for a partnership is simply that I am better on the design and manufacturing side looking for someone of equal caliber on the sales and marketing side. Social media is going well with over 10,000 followers split between Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

Currently I'm looking to partner with someone interested in the product that can help widen the distributor, retailer and customer base.

This is a virtually brand new business with little in terms of records, however, I have signed up some international distributors and last week brought in $8170 sales.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Great job Scott! (cool thing the dawg grillz, might need one for my dog, lol)

For us, we sell worldwide but the best time for us is between 1pm to 10pm (Brussels/Belgian timing zone)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
128 0 17

Hey Kevin,

Glad you like Dawg Grillz, it's gotten excellent coverage and has grown to become a great brand. We were recently featured in Modern Dog Magazine and added exclusive distributors in the U.S., U.K., Canada East and West.

Thanks for the input on your posting time that you've found works best for you!

I've also responded to your e-mail.

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
scott@makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

Scott Luscombe www.thinksl.com scott@thinksl.com 905-550-5023
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
128 0 17

Hey Kate and Ant,

Here is how I come up with the information that I've shared.

In terms of research I'm very skeptical like you on what I read, the great thing is that our social media clients come from the widest range of industries, from technology, trades, to consumer packaged goods like confectionery items and small tools. We start A/B testing on every account after the first 3 months, which in a nutshell means that we post the same thing over and over alternating days of the week and times of the day for another 3 months.

What this gives us is data that is:

1. Client specific
2. Audience specific

We see the exact same trends on traffic which include likes, follows, shares, retweets, etc., regardless of the industry the client is in. If a chocolate bar, a pocket knife and a cell phone ad all perform the same over a 3 month period, on a certain day and at a certain time we have what's called a trend. As our sample size is quite large, we can then accurately say "X day at X am or X pm is a great time to post generally for all brands."

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
128 0 17

Hey Kate,

Exactly, you should be skeptical, but I've offered you my help and you declined and you also haven't given your experience with social media as this topic refers to.

What I refer to is exactly called A/B testing, except my A/B is sometimes timing instead of content, and sometimes content instead of timing. My sample size was/is about 1-3 million followers. How has the A/B testing been going for your Jewellery social media at www.instagram.com/iwantitjewelry/? Perhaps you have something to offer others?

I honestly hope there are others with different perspectives from different industries that they find better, perhaps their information can help others in similar industries.

Since generating this thread I've personally helped about 30 people with further questions and they all enjoyed talking to me for which I neither asked nor expected remuneration.

Perhaps you'll chime in and help others with the findings you have from your social following?

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
128 0 17

Hey Kate,

I have a feeling that you're frustrated with your brand. I'm honestly not the type of person ever to get aggressive in terms of feedback (I went through art school, if you can't handle critism don't go, ha ha) and I appreciate your honesty. Although I do get the impression that you saying that it's "none of my business" or "I don't have to justify anything" when I've given you the specifics on how I come up with what I do that you're experiencing frustration somewhere along the line that doesn't have anything to do with me.

Like I've said before if you go through the information, I'm very transparent, I'm not sales-guy-ish, I'm just giving some guidance to what I've found and how I've found it. If you'd like me to help you, I'm here. But I don't think the level suspicion you have is warranted since you haven't given me the chance to help. I'm sure you can agree.

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

Highlighted
Tourist
51 0 2

Scott, what you are describing is not A/B testing. It is simply trial and error. 

The people you have helped since are obviously very new and very gullible. You are, again, telling them what they want to hear eventhough it isn't really correct. 

You are sales guy-ish. This is a perfect example of it. Pretend that you are transparent. Let people believe you have great knowledge (which, you may do in design. I'm not disputing that). Lets give it another 12 months before you bring out one of those silly 50 page books on how you can tell others to make $16,000 in just one month. 

A/B testing (sometimes called split testing) is comparing two versions of a web page to see which one performs better. You compare two web pages by showing the two variants (let's call them A and B) to similar visitors at the same time

The key phrase here is "same time". 

For example, lets take Twitter, another social media platform. You would still post 2 tweets. We'll take your up and coming book for example. 

"How I made just $16,000 in December using Instagram [link]". 

You would then also post this...

"How Instagram can help your business turn over more [link]". 

You would be directing the user to the same page, through a different link that is tracked! The timing you mention is simply down to trial and error. 

Exactly what Gokce said. He tried to back you up with the A/B testing however they even said it themselves. They send out 2 different templates to just 10% of their database, at the same time. Whichever gets more click throughs, that template is then used. 

Websites... same thing. You send 50% to one and 50% to another we'll say. It will be the same product that is being sold but the add to cart button could be positioned in a different place and a different colour. Maybe this makes it easier for the customer to buy it. You then change the design and go again with another page. 

3 months testing time doesn't really seem enough to class this as a factual statistic. Revert back to usual postings after this 3 months and try it again at different times of the year. Different seasons. For another 3 years. 

We see the exact same trends on traffic which include likes, follows, shares, retweets, etc.

Retweets has nothing to do with Instagram though, so lets not go there. 

I don't really want to post on Instagram soley for likes & follows. Yes its a bonus as building your following is a great help on the likes of Instagram. What i'm more interested in is how many commented and how many of these likes / comments converted to a sale. It's not hard to like something on instagram, christ you only have to double tap.

From a business point of view, like others should be, i'm interested in targeted traffic of which converts. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
128 0 17

Hey Ant,

"From a business point of view, like others should be, i'm interested in targeted traffic of which converts. "

Then this will interest you, this is from one of my personal brands Dawg Grillz ( www.dawggrillz.com + www.instagram.com/dawggrillz ) from a post on Wednesday (last night) from 5-7pm which confirms the point in my first post. See attached post comparison.

One of our customers www.instagram.com/noelaniig posted our product and we re-posted it at roughly the same time, give or take an hour, we were busy with orders. This post was an un-paid post keep in mind.

The result was a cumulative ~16,000 likes at the time I'm writing this, and about 2,000 comments. You can have a look through the links in this message to confirm.

In terms of conversion, we mainly do phone and e-mail sales for this brand as people have trouble picking styles but we also processed a lot of orders through our Shopify site. Enough that our small warehouse for this brand has about a 2 day back log and we're still receiving orders now. We also made 3 distributor connections and +40 retailer connections.

All in all, I'm glad we posted on Wednesday around 5pm. That best practice for our brand will stay intact.

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you Scott for your insights.  I have to admit that I'm getting completely overwhelmed with all the information out there... post at this time, figure out keywords, SEO, create content.  I stupidly thought it was going to be simple... sell a product give to charity, make the world a better place. So hard to find customers... but I'm going to favorite this page to come back and use the insights here.  So thanks...!

Leslie / www.LittleGemsUSA.com

Leslie / www.LittleGemsUSA.com
0 Likes