The best time to post on Instagram is...

Highlighted
1 0 0

So what timezone are you referring to?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

USA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

Scott,

This had nothing to do with your posting, this has to do with an incredibly popular Instagram user - not you - posting the link.  It is THEIR post that got all the engagement, not yours, and it has nothing to do with times of posting or anything else.

Just proves the point others made.

Just for the record.

I have a kids luxury wear site.  My best posting times are before 7 am in the morning, 6-7am.  The largest engagement - in terms of conversions - happens after 9 pm.  Afternoon is completely dead - moms are working or busy with kids and it makes perfect sense. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

Engage directly with your clientelle - via FB, Instagram or bloggers/influencers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Ok rant time. THIS IS WHY finding information on the internet sucks.

This is the same crap that always happens in my experience. You have a question, someone answers said question with very little detail or reasoning (OP) then you have a couple people who chime in with their opposing statements. 

The original poster now spends some time posting his/her position in life and why they feel they are worthy of answering the original post.

Several minutes later I have spent my valuable time sifting through a pissing contest to get to some hints at a deeper, more knowledgable set of answers... But only hints. Not real solid information yet.

The original poster at this point disappears as he lost patience with the barrage and never comes back to clarify an answer.

We the reader get left wanting more and having to read the last random empty posts that claim to have an answer but dont really say much.

Original poster: JUST GIVE IN DETAIL WHAT THE TRUTH IS, IGNORE THE TROLLS, AND MOVE ON!

Trolls: IF YOU REALLY HAVE THE ANSWER, just answer it in detail and move on. 

Both sides seem like spoiled children bickering! WE ARE TRYING TO RUN BUSINESSES HERE NOT CRY ABOUT WHO IS THE SMARTER PERSON OR MORE HAS MORE ACCOLADES..

Rant done. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

This used to work up until the Facebook takeover and now you don't see posts in chronological order. So even though I post on Wednesday at 5pm it won't pop up automatically on people's feed.  Popular post show up first if you haven't logged onto Instagram for a couple of hours.  So instead of seeing my post first, you'll be seeing post from 8 hours ago to 1 day ago.  While it may work for accounts with  a larger following; it won't work from small business with less than a thousand followers it seems.  If it's not a popular post then it won't pop up on other users fees if they've been away for 8-10 hours.   

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 3

Hi there,

I have only recently started social media, and have grown comfortably at a good pace if I may say so myself. 

On Instagram, I used to post thrice a day (8am, 12:30 pm, 5 pm) and the lunch hour would receive maximum reach. I am trying another strategy (and will keep trying more, so that I find one that ticks), where I post once a day, and I choose different times: 8 am doesn't get that much response after the morning; 11 am seems to run along everyone's wall all day, 4-5 pm doesn't get that much heat, 10 pm works really well engagement wise. 

My site www.edgability.com gets most traction from Instagram where its all organic. Facebook ads bring only visitors so far. Twitter seems to get me followers and helps me get discovered on Google Search pretty strongly. Sometimes, even before my website ranking.

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

There is no right answer I guess, judging by the various comments to this question. I guess everyone has their own favorite times to post that has worked for them. I guess it also matters what your posts are about and whom they are meant to attract. That would definitely have an impact on the response you get from the audience. 

For me, the best time to post has been in the morning around 9 am. It has been able to get me the most post engagement and traffic. I am curious to know how many have noticed the same trend. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

i think the time when the morning time starts in your targeted country this thing really converts for me https://www.instagram.com/beautybyjorge_/ you can see my instagram

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
130 0 12

Guys,

I think it depends on the types of audience (ages, location, demographic...). Data tells everything

1. Install Google Analytics on your site

2. Set up Google UTM campaign for Instagram link

2. Go to Google Analytics > From left-side panel, Click Acquisition > Source/Medium

3. Search "Instagram" 

4. Search "Hour of day" or "Day of week" in Second Dimension box.

Here you can see when people visit your site from Instagram most, then invest time and content in that time.

Hope this help :)

Download free Shopify theme: https://www.sellersmith.com/pages/sellersmith-free-themes
0 Likes